[SOLVED] What do you guys think of this specific 3060 Ti model?

Aug 27, 2020
Hello! This may seem like a strange question (not the first time I've asked strange questions here), but I was wondering what people here think of a specific GPU model.

Specifically, I've been looking for 3060 Ti models and from the looks of it, we're still experiencing shortages and those won't get better anytime soon. I thought the 3060 Ti would be great for me despite its exorbitant prices in my country, but I've been saving up for several months now, so I don't mind it too much, and it would be a huge upgrade to my current GTX 1060. The issue is that, due to these shortages, the only specific 3060 Ti model I've found is the Gainward RTX 3060 Ti Ghost. It's really the only model remaining in most smaller stores in my country. My question is, what do you guys think of this specific brand/model? I've tried looking around for reviews but found nothing substantial, besides some reddit posts saying that Gainward is a good brand. So I figured I'd just ask directly here since people helped me. What do you guys think? Any issues with fans, cooling, etc.? Is it worth spending money on this model, or should I wait for something like the Asus Dual Mini or EVGA XC3 (I prefer something more compact)? Any performance differences or issues to look for?

Thanks a lot in advance, and I appreciate your patience for less knowledgeable people like myself. ^^ For reference, here are my full specs:

Mobo: Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 2x8GB @ 3000 Mhz
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 6GB Dual OC
PSU: Corsair CV550 80+ Bronze

Solution
As the proverb goes, "good things come to those who wait" is the exact same thing I'd ask you to practice. I'm very sure that if you were to wait it out a little longer(regardless of how long that can be) you're not going to be left choosing between bottom of the barrel GPU's.

Also, I'd ask you to look at a more robust PSU, something like the TX unit's from Corsair or Seasonic's Focus lineup. The CVs aren't exactly good units.

Lutfij

Titan
As the proverb goes, "good things come to those who wait" is the exact same thing I'd ask you to practice. I'm very sure that if you were to wait it out a little longer(regardless of how long that can be) you're not going to be left choosing between bottom of the barrel GPU's.

Also, I'd ask you to look at a more robust PSU, something like the TX unit's from Corsair or Seasonic's Focus lineup. The CVs aren't exactly good units.

Solution
Aug 27, 2020
Huh, this PSU was actually recommended to me when I was building this PC some time ago. I know it's not the most top of the line model, but it's honestly frustrating to hear that it's not a particularly good. Things aren't exactly cheap where I live. :/
But I will keep it in the back of my mind. You are right about waiting at least. I'm not exactly in any hurry. My concerns primarily lie with shortages, so I just hope that will be resolved in the next couple months.

Last edited: