[SOLVED] What do you look for when buying a PC?

Apr 23, 2020
Hello everyone,
I currently am running a PC building service and I’m interested to hear what you look for when buying a PC. What are the most important factors for you when buying a PC? (e.g best price, quality components, latest technologies, good customer support etc.) Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, Sam.

Solution
Thanks for replying USAFret! that’s a great help to us. When you talk about component choice, which components are you most interested in choosing? Also, would benefits such as better quality components( e.g psu and motherboard), good value, component choice and support persuade you to choose small pc building service over larger, more convenient brands?
Which components?
All of them.

If the invoice does not specific specific make/model of everything...I'll assume bottom of the barrel for the missing things.
"250GB SSD" - Which one?
"16GB RAM" - Which ones, in what configuration? 4x4, 2x8, 1x16?
PSU - Stating "600W" is not nearly good enough. That alone is enough to make me pass on by.

Problem is, most people here would just...

USAFRet

Titan
  • Component choice? Do I get to choose, or do you?
  • Price. The system, shipping, etc, etc.
  • Support and warranty. Who do I call when something goes wrong?
  • What benefit do you bring, vs me buying a Dell, HP, or something off the rack at BestBuy/Walmart (US), or Dixons (UK)?

Hello everyone,
I currently am running a PC building service and I’m interested to hear what you look for when buying a PC. What are the most important factors for you when buying a PC? (e.g best price, quality components, latest technologies, good customer support etc.) Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, Sam.
I don't buy but if I did I'd be looking for a balanced build. I see too many instances of a great video card paired to a cheap motherboard and crappy power supply. Also, single memory module when everyone knows dual channel is better. These kinds of things keep smart people from buying and build their own instead. The option to configure it with quality parts would go a long way to convince people to buy vs build.

Apr 23, 2020
  • Component choice? Do I get to choose, or do you?
  • Price. The system, shipping, etc, etc.
  • Support and warranty. Who do I call when something goes wrong?
  • What benefit do you bring, vs me buying a Dell, HP, or something off the rack at BestBuy/Walmart (US), or Dixons (UK)?
Thanks for replying USAFret! that’s a great help to us. When you talk about component choice, which components are you most interested in choosing? Also, would benefits such as better quality components( e.g psu and motherboard), good value, component choice and support persuade you to choose small pc building service over larger, more convenient brands?

Apr 23, 2020
I don't buy but if I did I'd be looking for a balanced build. I see too many instances of a great video card paired to a cheap motherboard and crappy power supply. Also, single memory module when everyone knows dual channel is better. These kinds of things keep smart people from buying and build their own instead. The option to configure it with quality parts would go a long way to convince people to buy vs build.
Thanks for your input Archaic59, it helps us out a lot. We’ll make sure to use good quality motherboards, reliable psu’s, dual channel memory and configuration options.

USAFRet

Titan
Which components?
All of them.

If the invoice does not specific specific make/model of everything...I'll assume bottom of the barrel for the missing things.
"250GB SSD" - Which one?
PSU - Stating "600W" is not nearly good enough. That alone is enough to make me pass on by.

Problem is, most people here would just build their own.
Your competition is CyberPowerPC, iBuyPower, Dell, HP.
Can you compete on price and parts selection?

Solution
Apr 23, 2020
Which components?
All of them.

"250GB SSD" - Which one?

Problem is, most people here would just build their own.
Your competition is CyberPowerPC, iBuyPower, Dell, HP.
Can you compete on price and parts selection?
Ok I agree, we state exactly what components you’re getting including the power supply, Ram configuration/ speeds, SSD’s etc. Is there anything else you that you would want to see improved when buying a PC? Thanks again for your time, Sam.