what do you say to this psu

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
Hello

I found the following the psu.

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/4455906

Can you guys give me some comments? i need some reviews for it. it is for my friend pc. he might use 8800 serie gpu ,posibbly quad core, 4 gb of rams, 2 hd, 2 optical drives with this psu. No sli. i am too busy with my school work to dig up the reviews on the psu. If you can give me your comments on this psu, i would deeply appreciate it.

Thank you.

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
Wrong section, to answer your question no that would not be a good PSU to run an 8800 on. Not only is it a bad quality unit overall, it probably wont have the connectors you need to run an 8800 anyway. a good rule of thumb is no PSU under $40 before MIR is a good quality unit.

Pick out a quality unit in the upper 3 tiers from the list in my sig.

Don't skimp on the PSU. A bad quality unit that is overstressed and blows can take your whole system with it.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Wrong section, to answer your question no that would not be a good PSU to run an 8800 on. Not only is it a bad quality unit overall, it probably wont have the connectors you need to run an 8800 anyway. a good rule of thumb is no PSU under $40 before MIR is a good quality unit.

Pick out a quality unit in the upper 3 tiers from the list in my sig.

Don't skimp on the PSU. A bad quality unit that is overstressed and blows can take your whole system with it.
Yeah, Antec's Smart Power series aren't very good.

TRENDING THREADS