[SOLVED] What do you think about this new config?

Oct 14, 2020
I posted before asking about the CPU's (Intel vs AMD) but since we agreed that Intel for me was the best choices (CAD, 3D, Gaming and no OC), I will post now the complete config. Since I do have already the storage and the PSU I will post only the component I miss. The budget is 930 USD / 800 EUR. Note: For the case, I need something portable that can be held exactly like the one I choose. What do you think about it? Thanks :)

• i5 10600K 4.20Ghz Tray 240 EUR
  • 2x Team Elite Ddr4 16GB 2666 Team Elite 96 EUR
  • BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Case 72 EUR
  • Asrock 1200 H410M-ITX/ac 94 EUR
  • Aerocool Cylon 3 RGB 34 EUR
  • Manli GeForce RTX 2060 6GB Gallardo 274 EUR

Last edited:
Solution
That is a single kit comprised of 2 16gb sticks I hope.
Ram must be bought as a single matched kit or it may not work properly.

To overclock, you will need a Z490 based motherboard.
I have no particular brand preference.
Since ITX motherboards have only a graphics card slot, buy one with included wifi if you need wifi.

On cooler, I definitely have a preference for air.
Your case has 165mm available for a good air cooler,
H45 cools no better than a air cooler with a 120mm fan.
Think about it, the radiators are the same size, the only difference is where the heat exchange takes place.
Liquid coolers are less reliable, usually noisier, and harder to install.
And, while unlikely, liquid coolers do on occasion leak.
If noctua NH-U12s is...
I posted before asking about the CPU's (Intel vs AMD) but since we agreed that Intel for me was the best choices (CAD, 3D, Gaming and no OC), I will post now the complete config. Since I do have already the storage and the PSU I will post only the component I miss. The budget is 930 USD / 800 EUR. Note: For the case, I need something portable that can be held exactly like the one I choose. What do you think about it? Thanks :)

The build is nice over all,but i dont see the reason why u would want to buy a overclockable cpu with a motherboard that cant overclock.I would buy i5 10400,and use the money saved to buy a RTX 2060 SUPER,which has 8GB of VRAM instead of 6GB,which will be a boost in performance.Do u have any reason why u want to go with that cpu cooler?
I would go with a safer route and buy a cooler master HYPER 212 EVO.
Um yep thats all i would change

Reactions: OsirisAmanpour
Oct 14, 2020
hi! My bad sorry, I had to write it before. I don’t want to do OC for now but I want to keep this option open for the future. I didn’t know that main board couldn’t do OC so I suppose to look for something else. What you suggest me? For the cooler I am honest, I like the RGB configuration hahah and also because I like the low profiles.

Your build will work as is, but I have a few thoughts:

1. I5-10600K is a really good gaming processor.

2. a H410 based motherboard does not allow overclocking a K suffix processor.
That is not bad since even at stock a i5-10600k is stronger than a plain i5-10600.

3. When you say 2x ram, I hope you mean a single 2 x 8gb kit. Two single 8gb sticks may be cheaper, but they may not work properly together.

4. The cooler is cute, but not best. Downdraft coolers are inefficient compared to tower type coolers.
Look for a tower type with at least a 120mm fan. Noctua NH-U12s is excellent, but since you want RGB bling, you could pick something else. Without a clear side panel, whatever you have inside will be hidden.
RGB just adds another possible failure element.

5. I like the prodigy case ok. For something special, look at the lian li TU150:
It is high quality and is made of aluminum so it is easily carried.

Oct 14, 2020
Hi @geofelt Thanks for the answer! So in the current config two things are sure: Intel Core i5 10600K and 2 stick of 16GB (not 8). Total 32. I love the case you sent me! But unfortunately I can't find it here at a good price! 180 eur is too much for the case for me now. What mainboard you suggest me to buy to do OC? I did some edits at the config, this is the one Updated:

• 2x Team Elite Ddr4 16GB 2666 Team Elite = Total 32GB 96 EUR
  • "Mainboard that allow me some OC"
  • Corsair Hydro H45 42 EUR **
  • Gainward GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB Phoenix 380 EUR
** At the same price of that Air Cooler I supposed would be best this one since the small space. It would be more functional inside, or I am wrong?

Last edited:
That is a single kit comprised of 2 16gb sticks I hope.
Ram must be bought as a single matched kit or it may not work properly.

To overclock, you will need a Z490 based motherboard.
I have no particular brand preference.
Since ITX motherboards have only a graphics card slot, buy one with included wifi if you need wifi.

On cooler, I definitely have a preference for air.
Your case has 165mm available for a good air cooler,
H45 cools no better than a air cooler with a 120mm fan.
Think about it, the radiators are the same size, the only difference is where the heat exchange takes place.
Liquid coolers are less reliable, usually noisier, and harder to install.
And, while unlikely, liquid coolers do on occasion leak.
If noctua NH-U12s is priced too high, something like a scythe kotetsu or cm hyper212 is almost as good.

Solution
Oct 14, 2020
AH no, I found one stick of 16 and then I added two in the basket. Alright, say no more, I don't want leak. I will go for the Hyper212 So for the motherboard:

A) Asus ROG STRIX H470-I GAMING (This chipset does support the OC? )

B) Biostar Z490GTN S1200 ATX Intel Z490 DDR4 GLAN

Asus looks much better actually.

AH no, I found one stick of 16 and then I added two in the basket. Alright, say no more, I don't want leak. I will go for the Hyper212 So for the motherboard:

asus one doesnt support overclocking.
Only Z supports overclocking in your case.

deadpoolxxxxx

Prominent
May 14, 2019

Fisrt of all the i5 10600k is the worst choice you should get the ryzen 5 3600XT which is more efficient, more powerful and more FUTUREPROOF (which is very very imp when you buy a cpu). Also replace the RTX2060 with the super version cause it gives you you +10-15fps more and also has the 8gb vram which is going to be very benificial for the upcoming games.

Fisrt of all the i5 10600k is the worst choice you should get the ryzen 5 3600XT which is more efficient, more powerful and more FUTUREPROOF (which is very very imp when you buy a cpu). Also replace the RTX2060 with the super version cause it gives you you +10-15fps more and also has the 8gb vram which is going to be very benificial for the upcoming games.
just no.Both have the same core and thread amount.10600k not overclocked is 4.1GHz,while 3600xt 3.8GHz,which already gives advantage to 10600k in gaming.Now imagine when 10600k is overclocked to near 5GHz,it absolutelly destroys 3600 XT.What do you mean by better future proofing,efficiency,and more powerful than 10600k?
Again both have the same core/thread amount,which is most important in future proofing.
I agree on the GPU,but the cpu thing doesnt make sense to me.

Edit:Also even buying 3600XT is bizzare to me,just buy 3600,its not worth the money.

deadpoolxxxxx

Prominent
May 14, 2019
just no.Both have the same core and thread amount.10600k not overclocked is 4.1GHz,while 3600xt 3.8GHz,which already gives advantage to 10600k in gaming.Now imagine when 10600k is overclocked to near 5GHz,it absolutelly destroys 3600 XT.What do you mean by better future proofing,efficiency,and more powerful than 10600k?
Again both have the same core/thread amount,which is most important in future proofing.
I agree on the GPU,but the cpu thing doesnt make sense to me.

Edit:Also even buying 3600XT is bizzare to me,just buy 3600,its not worth the money.
sorry i meant the ryzen 5 5600x auto correct is trash...lol

Reactions: Dj0gany
Oct 14, 2020
At the begin the choice was that one, the 3600X. Anyway since the price is the same (255 EUR for AMD - 251 EUR for Intel) and my my purpose is to use this is config princiaplly with the Autodesk products and they wrote that their softwares works better under Intel Cpu's I decided to go for this one. About the RTX 2060, yes totally right, I will look for the Super. 280 vs 300 EUR, come on. I don't even get these situations. 20 Eur of difference!

I found this memories:

Crucial CT16G4DFRA266 memoria 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz

What do you think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dj0gany

A) does not support overclocking. That does not mean that it won't work for you.

DO NOT buy two separate ram sticks. Buy a single kit of the capacity you need.

At the begin the choice was that one, the 3600X. Anyway since the price is the same (255 EUR for AMD - 251 EUR for Intel) and my my purpose is to use this is config princiaplly with the Autodesk products and they wrote that their softwares works better under Intel Cpu's I decided to go for this one. About the RTX 2060, yes totally right, I will look for the Super. 280 vs 300 EUR, come on. I don't even get these situations. 20 Eur of difference!

I found this memories:

Crucial CT16G4DFRA266 memoria 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz

What do you think?
Can you supply a link to the ram kit?
Crucial and the speed are fine.
A google search for CT16G4DFRA266 finds both types.
But, they also make both laptop and desktop ram with those specs.
You need the desktop type.
I do not want to assume.