[SOLVED] What do you think about this PC?

Nov 24, 2020
Hello, Tom's Hardware forums! So i'am planning to get a computer which i think it will be good for gaming and working (such as programming etc..) So in a shop in my country there's one with these specs listed below:

• Intel i3 9100f 3.6hz up to 4.2 (but i won't overclock it)
  • GTX 1650 4GB
  • 8GB of RAM (but in the future i may upgrade it to 16)
  • Motherboard (I don't know but i think since the PC is already builded and im gonna buy it ready, i think it would support the CPU and GPU well, motherboards don't help in improving performance tho (not sure but that's what i have heard on the internet, i don't know much about computers)
  • 1TB HDD
  • 240GB SSD
  • Cooling idk
This is about 420 EUR / 500 USD in my country, and i don't want to spend more.
So i made this thread to see what do you think about it, will it run some games like gta 5, fortnite, pubg etc on 60fps on medium/high without overclocking it (so i wont get a big bottleneck)?

My english ain't perfect, but it's decent and hopefully you understand!

Thanks, your answer will help me a lot! Have a good day.

EDIT: Sorry if this is not the right section to post such threads, but any admins can move it.

Solution
The initial pc with a GTX1650 is reasonable.
The included psu is not capable of running any graphics card that is stronger.
Only 8gb of ram is not good, and adding 8gb later may have a compatibility issue.
Ram must be matched in a single kit to insure proper operation.
Adding 8gb is perhaps only 85% likely to succeed.
If you can get the seller to include a 2 x 8gb ram kit up front, even at an extra cost, that would be good.

Later, if you want a stronger graphics card, you will need to upgrade the power supply. Consider a quality power supply as a long term investment.
Do not buy a cheap psu.
A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It will not have safety and overload protections.
The danger is if it fails under load, it...
So i made this thread to see what do you think about it, will it run some games like gta 5, fortnite, pubg etc on 60fps on medium/high without overclocking it (so i wont get a big bottleneck)?
16GB ram for gaming is minimum. 8GB is no good for several years already.
If you can squeeze GTX 1650 super into your budget, it would give significantly better performance.
Make sure PSU is decent quality and not a complete garbage. Inferior PSU can potentially kill your shiny new pc.

Reactions: PxcheQ
Nov 24, 2020
16GB ram for gaming is minimum. 8GB is no good for several years already.
If you can squeeze GTX 1650 super into your budget, it would give significantly better performance.
Make sure PSU is decent quality and not a complete garbage. Inferior PSU can potentially kill your shiny new pc.
Would be an ATX 700W fine?

Nov 24, 2020
What make/model?
700W doesn't really mean much. Noname PSU makers can sell barely 300W capable PSU as 700W.
Here's all the info i can get:

Power Box Power supply ATX 700W
With 230W real
20+4pins
1 x 4-pin P4 Connector
2 x SATA Connector
2 x IDE Connector
12cm fan
EU power cord
Brown box

Or what do you think about this one?

CoolerMaster Elite V3 400W
Active Power Factor Correction
Higher Temperature Resistance
Peak Power Tolerance
80% Average Efficiency
MB 20+4 PIN CONNECTORS: 1
CPU 12V 4+4 PIN CONNECTORS: 1
SATA CONNECTORS: 3
PERIPHERAL 4-PIN CONNECTORS: 3
FDD CABLE 4-PIN CONNECTORS: 1
PCI-E 6+2 PIN CONNECTORS: 1
MPW-4001-ACABN1-EU

Both are almost the same price, i can afford that.

The initial pc with a GTX1650 is reasonable.
The included psu is not capable of running any graphics card that is stronger.
Only 8gb of ram is not good, and adding 8gb later may have a compatibility issue.
Ram must be matched in a single kit to insure proper operation.
Adding 8gb is perhaps only 85% likely to succeed.
If you can get the seller to include a 2 x 8gb ram kit up front, even at an extra cost, that would be good.

Later, if you want a stronger graphics card, you will need to upgrade the power supply. Consider a quality power supply as a long term investment.
Do not buy a cheap psu.
A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It will not have safety and overload protections.
The danger is if it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability
issues that are hard to diagnose.
The fan will need to spin up higher to cool it, making it noisy.
A cheap PSU can become very expensive.

Do not buy one.

Buy a tier 1/2 unit, no less than 3 from a quality list such as this:

Reactions: PxcheQ
Solution