What do you think? Asus B350-F Gaming question!!

Aug 25, 2018
Hey!!

What do you think about this PC build?
https://es.pcpartpicker.com/list/wR8ZXP

I have one question about Mobo. With this build how many sata ports i will have?
Mobo have 6 but the m.2 sata use in BandWidth 2 sata ports, so i will have "only" 4 - 1 (my another sata disk)??

In asus website say this:

AMD Ryzen™ 2nd Generation/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Ryzen™ 1st Generation Processors :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)*5
2 x Porta(s) SATA 6Gb/s,

with this quote i will have only 2 sata ports? where go the another 2?

Thx!!

Solution
That note on the Asus site says the same thing. The motherboard chipset provides 4 SATA ports. The CPU provides 2 more. BUT the CPU ports share bandwidth (PCIe lanes) with the M.2 port. You would have 6 SATA ports or 4 SATA ports plus an M.2

kanewolf

Titan
That note on the Asus site says the same thing. The motherboard chipset provides 4 SATA ports. The CPU provides 2 more. BUT the CPU ports share bandwidth (PCIe lanes) with the M.2 port. You would have 6 SATA ports or 4 SATA ports plus an M.2

Solution
Aug 25, 2018

I thought i will have m.2 + 2 sata ports, thats what i read (wrongly) in asus website...
But thanks for clarification!!

kanewolf

Titan

You have to read all the way to the bottom of the "Storage" section where is says the motherboard chipset has 4 SATA ports.

Aug 25, 2018

stupid question, it's the same connect (like performance) to sata port from chipset or the anothers sata port from cpu?