What do you think I should do?

Oct 14, 2018
Excuse me if it is not completely clear, but I'm using the google translator, I currently have an i7 3770k @ 4.7 ghz and a gtx 980 amp amp! extreme (with 8 gb ram ddr3), I want to renew the team, the idea is to be able to play everything at 1080p 60 fps in ultra (maybe in a future 1440p 60 fps in ultra in the future when I update my monitor), I can choose between next options to renew an i7 8700k (with motherboard z370 and 16 gb of ram ddr4) or a rtx 2080, who think it suits me?
or do you think maybe you should wait for cannonlake that supposedly comes out at the end of next year and the next generation of nvidia? Thanks in advance

With a GTX 980 there shouldn't be much you can't do at 1080p. I'd upgrade the CPU, motherboard and memory, and then see what you have from there.

If you want ultra 1440p, then a newer GPU card is probably a foregone conclusion.

What is the model of your power supply, because that is likely a significant consideration as well.

Oct 14, 2018
Thank you for your answers, I was wrong in the model of the graphic card is 980 TI amp! extreme (I forgot the TI)

my psu is coolermaster gx 750w 80 plus bronze

That is a pretty low quality, low performance power supply. I'd seriously consider something a lot better. That unit alone could be contributing to any lack of performance you are currently experiencing that perhaps shouldn't be.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=188

Especially if it's rather old, which that likely is since that is a very old model.

With a 980TI you should have no problems really at 1440p. I'd focus on the PSU and platform upgrade.