corndog1836

Distinguished
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4zFqzY

Check out this new build. Keeping all other parts in rig.

SEE RIG BELOW...

CM HAF X case. 240mm side fan, 200mm front fan and 140mm front fan and rgb red and intake fans.

custom loop 480mm and 360mm rads with external 480 in push pull ----8 fans....
360 inside top mount in push 3 fans (all fans are ek vardar) and pump/reso is ek -D/ bay WITH D5 pump

EVO 840 750gb SSD

4790k CPU oc/d 4.7ghz,

ROG SWIFT PG278Q 1440p

EVGA FTW3 1080TI @2012MHZ,

Klipsh 2.1 Speakers,

G Skill 2400 DDR3 32GB,

Seagate 3TB HHD,

X 1250 Seasonic PSU,

Asus VII Formula mobo

Razor m/k

Last edited: 1 minute ago
Quote Reply
Re

Last edited:
Solution
I've mentioned this countless times in the past with other posters. If you expect people to read through the sig space to retrieve specs for your system, then threads like these will end up being irrelevant as you change the sig space over time(with upgrades). This isn't a good thing if you have people in the same boat as you trying to look for advise and suggestions on the same issue that brought you here. It's for this reason, that you're encouraged to post your specs in the thread's body, like so:
CPU: 4790k CPU oc/d 4.7ghz on custom loop
Motherboard: Asus VII Formula
Ram: G Skill 2400 DDR3 32GB
SSD/HDD: EVO 840 750gb SSD, Seagate 3TB HHD
GPU: EVGA FTW3 1080TI @2012MHZ
PSU: X 1250 Seasonic
Chassis: CM HAF X
Monitor: ROG SWIFT...

Lutfij

Titan
I've mentioned this countless times in the past with other posters. If you expect people to read through the sig space to retrieve specs for your system, then threads like these will end up being irrelevant as you change the sig space over time(with upgrades). This isn't a good thing if you have people in the same boat as you trying to look for advise and suggestions on the same issue that brought you here. It's for this reason, that you're encouraged to post your specs in the thread's body, like so:
Monitor: ROG SWIFT PG278Q 1440p
Audio: Klipsh 2.1 Speakers
Razor m/k

And one oddity that I see, is you didn't mention what your custom loop consists of(for the readers at home). The i9 you've listed is a hot head and will need some cooling(much like the 9000series processor from AMD, back in the day).

Your upgrade path seems like you're good to go!

Solution

corndog1836

Distinguished
Razor m/k

And one oddity that I see, is you didn't mention what your custom loop consists of(for the readers at home). The i9 you've listed is a hot head and will need some cooling(much like the 9000series processor from AMD, back in the day).

Sorry the sig used to be in the bottom of post. Tom's has changed since I last used it

CM HAF X case

custom loop 480mm and 360mm rads with external 480 in push pull ----8 fans....
360 in push 3 fans (all fans are ek vardar) and pump/reso is ek -D/ bay WITH D5 pump

EVO 840 750gb SSD

4790k CPU oc/d 4.7ghz,

ROG SWIFT PG278Q 1440p

EVGA FTW3 1080TI @2012MHZ,

Klipsh 2.1 Speakers,

G Skill 2400 DDR3 32GB,

Seagate 3TB HHD,

X 1250 Seasonic PSU,

Asus VII Formula mobo

Razor m/k

Last edited:

corndog1836

Distinguished
Razor m/k

So do you like the cooling solution that I have described I edited my original post

corndog1836

Distinguished
Ryzen 3000 is close and comet lake is also close. At this time my build is not holding me back in gaming or in productivity for my needs so it won't hurt me to wait a few months longer to see what comes up in the summer of this year. While I'm not a big fan of waiting for the next best thing I do believe that a little patience and research will do me Justice.