[SOLVED] What do you think of this PC Build?

Nov 26, 2019
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nx9GL2

I mainly want a pc to play in 1440p the newest AAA games. I dont own a monitor yet so I could go either way AMD GPU or Nvidia GPU. I don't know If I should go with the 5700XT, the 2070 Super or wait.

What else can I change in my build? Is it good? Is the case big enough for those components?

This is my first time building a PC. I come from gaming on a laptop with a 1070 overheating.

Solution
It's a good build, I would stick with the 2070S if you want to be able to use Ray Tracing or if not then grab the RX 5700 XT with aftermarket cooling. Everything should fit well with that case but one recommendation, from personal experience, is to buy 2-140mm fans for the front for intake.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Intel's 660p 1TB NVMe drive is a bit cheaper.

Not much to wait on in terms of GPU. Nothing on the horizon until mid-2020 I believe. Nvidia might release a 2080Ti Super, but that would just be the same card with faster memory, and would be $1200+.

Either would work for 1440p.

Case is large enough, maybe not the best choice out there for thermals and airflow, but certainly not bad. You might want to pick up some more fans.

WildCard999

Titan
It's a good build, I would stick with the 2070S if you want to be able to use Ray Tracing or if not then grab the RX 5700 XT with aftermarket cooling. Everything should fit well with that case but one recommendation, from personal experience, is to buy 2-140mm fans for the front for intake.

Reactions: Rdslw
Solution
Nov 26, 2019
Intel's 660p 1TB NVMe drive is a bit cheaper.

Not much to wait on in terms of GPU. Nothing on the horizon until mid-2020 I believe. Nvidia might release a 2080Ti Super, but that would just be the same card with faster memory, and would be $1200+.

Either would work for 1440p.

Case is large enough, maybe not the best choice out there for thermals and airflow, but certainly not bad. You might want to pick up some more fans.
Is the samsung 970 1TB m.2 stick worth it? It costs 150 dlls.

Any fan recommendations?

Nov 26, 2019
Any fan recommendations?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I've tried a lot of fans over the years. Even did a round up when replacing a CPU cooler fan once. (Xigmatek won the day, so I always have a small soft spot for them)

Currently using static pressure 140mm fans from Phanteks. Plain white blades with black frames. Corsair SP 120mm I find to still be good for radiators and they do okay as case fans. Corsair AF are quite good as case fans. These are all fairly expensive though.

I have some swiftech fans, arctic fans, bitfenix case and static pressure fans (not that good honestly, they look neat though). No complaints there.

Cooler Master does make the best bang for the buck case fans from my experience. Get a pile of them for like $25 and they last a few years and are reasonably silent.

By reputation, Sharkoon, EK Vardar, and, of course, Noctua. Now that they have black fans, might get some. Though again, super expensive.

Nothing wrong with just getting matching fans from NZXT, I find them to be mostly on par with Phanteks.