Question What do you think of this PC? (I built it) (Sorry for not posting actual issue)

Jul 4, 2020
3900x

EVGA 2080 super KO gaming

32 gb Team T FOrce 3200 MHz

x4 HDDS (1 in use)

HP EX900 m.2 (boot drive) 120 gb

Samsung ssd (old laptop) 128 gb 2.5 inch

ASUS x570 plus TUF gaming

Phanteks p400a mesh white and black

x3 additional darkflash 12 pro rgb case fans

Hopefully reliable Butterfly Labs prominer 80 plus gold 850 watt fully modular psu

UpHere white sleeved cables
PC.jpg.34c372197368933f6c1d82c94a34daf8.jpg
pc_side.jpg.2283fdc38a4e342c34f298a09c9d7d75.jpg

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I have that Phanteks case, previously without the mesh front. When the "A" series came out I ordered that front and was SO happy I did. I dealt with heat issues inside this case up to the point that I did that. I would point out that I am up to having to clean the PC about once every month to six weeks as opposed to every 3-6 months like my normal routine. It get's dusty fast.

In my own situation (2700x/GTX1080) I had some heat issues under load until utilizing an AIO. I also had to remove that shroud on the basement/drive cover such that the lower fan could blow better onto my GPU intake.

Jul 4, 2020
I have that Phanteks case, previously without the mesh front. When the "A" series came out I ordered that front and was SO happy I did. I dealt with heat issues inside this case up to the point that I did that. I would point out that I am up to having to clean the PC about once every month to six weeks as opposed to every 3-6 months like my normal routine. It get's dusty fast.

In my own situation (2700x/GTX1080) I had some heat issues under load until utilizing an AIO. I also had to remove that shroud on the basement/drive cover such that the lower fan could blow better onto my GPU intake.
That's cool, I got this case after I found out the NZXT H510 was out of stock. Some of the parts made this PC more expensive than it had to be simply because of the stock they had, but its still the best PC I have haha. I am not a most efficient PC builder so that kinda sucks :/

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Jul 4, 2020
If you're looking for a place to share your build go here

But might I suggest redoing the GPU power pins to come over the top of the GPU?
For two reasons:
#1. It won't get in the way of airflow from the fan (potentially)
#2. It will be pulling from the top, and therefore won't contribute at all to any sag on the GPU.

That seems pretty unconventional. There is a little bit of sag on the GPU, but the main solution to that is that I expose more of the extensions from behind the motherboard tray into the front. There really no logical way to pull the cables over the top, that's awkward and a tight space so it might not stay. Also I checked right now, the cables are pulled to the side, so it doesn't block the right fan on the 2080 super. If you watch p400a builds or any other build for the most part with a Mid Tower, you won't see people pulling the cables over the top. It's not designed that way.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
That seems pretty unconventional. There is a little bit of sag on the GPU, but the main solution to that is that I expose more of the extensions from behind the motherboard tray into the front. There really no logical way to pull the cables over the top, that's awkward and a tight space so it might not stay. Also I checked right now, the cables are pulled to the side, so it doesn't block the right fan on the 2080 super. If you watch p400a builds or any other build for the most part with a Mid Tower, you won't see people pulling the cables over the top. It's not designed that way.
If it's not in the way of the fan, and more importantly if it's not capable of being pulled over the top due to hole cutouts in the case and custom cable length and such then that's totally fine and I understand lol.

It was just a possible suggestion. But taking a closer look I see that the thing that would mainly get in the way of doing cables like that would be because of the SATA cables getting in the way.

Regardless though, it's a nice looking build for sure and you should share it on the thread I linked for others to see more easily :)

Jul 4, 2020
If it's not in the way of the fan, and more importantly if it's not capable of being pulled over the top due to hole cutouts in the case and custom cable length and such then that's totally fine and I understand lol.

It was just a possible suggestion. But taking a closer look I see that the thing that would mainly get in the way of doing cables like that would be because of the SATA cables getting in the way.

Regardless though, it's a nice looking build for sure and you should share it on the thread I linked for others to see more easily :)
Thanks for letting me know about the thread lol, idk how I didn't find it.

Jul 4, 2020