What do you think of this PCs?

Multivitaminico

Reputable
Jan 27, 2016
I've never owned a gaming desktop. I only have an Acer laptop I bought in 2012 with 4gb ram and integrated AMD 6520g card, as you can see, I don't know what is like to game lol This laptop is reaching its end life and I'm thinking of buying a desktop.

I don't want to build. I can't be bothered by this. I want a prebuilt PC. I have 2 options.

This Cyberpower desktop.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0757DVF4Z/?coliid=IL4CAYY9BE960&colid=2L276CV6C5PDL&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

For some reason, the price is retarded, it was $850 a few days ago and even $800 as well. I like this one because has Intel CPU and an SSD. The SSD is only 120gb and probably budget.

Then, this one Skytech Shadow, it costs $750 and very similar specs, except no SSD and weaker CPU.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077QDZPXV/?coliid=I1JQJRFPWVP10E&colid=2L276CV6C5PDL&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I figure I could buy a SSD in the future and clone the drive.

I'd rather go for the cyberpower one, it has better motherboard and other components. It seems is better suited for upgrades in the future.

I'm waiting for black friday or the end of the year to see if the prices drop or find another deal.

I'm mainly want a gtx 1060 3gb. I'm dead set on that card. It has decent performance without spending too much.

Solution

Because we've seen many, many threads in here casting great doubt on those manufacturers.
No...not 'doubt'...fact.

Both in actual parts selection, and assembly.

Skimping on parts where the average person does not notice. PSU, motherboard. That cheesy small SSD.
Assembly = the DVD not connected. Not booting right out of the box. Parts not actually "assembled".
Warranty - CyverPowerPC gives you a 1 year warranty. And you pay to ship it back. Most of the parts inside come with a 3 (or more) year warranty. Nullified, because you bought it from CyberPowerPC.

Will it work? Probably.
Is building your own, with better parts for the same money, an...

Multivitaminico

Reputable
Jan 27, 2016

I've read plenty of bad stories about dell, especially on Amazon. My concern with Dell is that is probably not going to be easy to upgrade.

Multivitaminico

Reputable
Jan 27, 2016

building a PC is one of the most boring geek tasks there is, save barely any money for all the time and effort

id rather pay more to someone else for the pleasure of putting the machine together

I just want to plug and play.

tejayd

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
Building your own PC doesnt take much more time than it does to unbox and unwrap all the stuff. It doesnt seem to save as much as it used to. But you get all quality parts. The "build" is more about choosing the parts than putting it together

Lol, if you wanna pay someone to build it you can pm me. I'd do it for free. You think you aren't saving much because they are cutting corners you dont realize. Building yourself results in 3+ years of warranty on every part where they are going to make you pay for what the manufacturers already provide free.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.89 @ B&H)
Motherboard: ASRock - B360 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($88.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($150.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Team - L5 LITE 3D 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($44.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card ($279.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($52.99 @ Walmart)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1016.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-14 20:26 EDT-0400

A little more but you can bet that every piece is better than what cyberpower is giving you minus the CPU which is standard regardless.

Multivitaminico

Reputable
Jan 27, 2016

I'm not a geek. I'm afraid to mess something up and then lose hundreds. Also, I don't want to spend much. I don't have a monitor either, which will add up to the price. Plus, your configuration does not include a keyboard, which I don't have and it comes included with a mouse on prebuilt setups.

I'm not a hardcore gamer. I don't play wow, fortnite, battlefield, counter strike. I don't like shooting games where you kill other people. I find them boring, because unless you are playing 10 hours a day, you will get killed left and right, what's the point.

Games like wow and other multiplayer online games with no ending. I also see no point or fun in them. I don't see the point in playing games with no ending and leveling up your character, when there is always going to be other hundreds, if not thousands who are better than you.

I'm mostly into action games with endings, scary games, racing games, etc. Nothing to demanding.

I'm looking to spend less than $800 for a PC.

Multivitaminico

Reputable
Jan 27, 2016

Why not give cyberpower and all these other companies the benefit of the doubt. People are quick to say "they use crappy parts and do half ass work", yet all the parts in that cyberpower I posted are decent. They are all name brand parts. They may not be the best parts, but they are far from being crap.

Also, if a company constantly gets reviews and bad rep about their quality and build, doesn't it make sense for them to improve their builds and setups? I'm sure they've done this, tightened up the installation process and overlook and that's why they have more positive reviews on Amazon and newegg than years ago.

Most people who talk negatively about cyberpower and ibuypower have no experience with them, except what they've read from years ago and they just repeat it. As a company, it makes sense for them to step up their quality and setup to increase sales and positive reviews.

If they were so shitty, they would've gone broke a long time ago, the fact that they are still around after many years is proof that they've improved and people are buying them.

USAFRet

Titan

Because we've seen many, many threads in here casting great doubt on those manufacturers.
No...not 'doubt'...fact.

Both in actual parts selection, and assembly.

Skimping on parts where the average person does not notice. PSU, motherboard. That cheesy small SSD.
Assembly = the DVD not connected. Not booting right out of the box. Parts not actually "assembled".
Warranty - CyverPowerPC gives you a 1 year warranty. And you pay to ship it back. Most of the parts inside come with a 3 (or more) year warranty. Nullified, because you bought it from CyberPowerPC.

Will it work? Probably.
Is building your own, with better parts for the same money, an easy thing? Ask any semi-intelligent 12 year old.

But, you seem ready to drop the credit card on it, so go for it.
If it works and you're satisfied with it, great.
If there are issues...don't say we didn't warn you.

Solution