Question What do you think? pretty much upgrading everything

Jul 18, 2020
Hey there everyone, first off thanks for all the help in advance. anywho I recently got back into pc gaming. my 15 year old rig isn't cutting it anymore so I decided for my 30th bday i'm going to upgrade. Just want everyone's input on my parts list and if I will run into any problems. I already have a xfx rx580 that's still in the box. my old rig had an ati hd4600 so needless to say I'm excited for this build. I don't think i'll have any problems putting it together as I used to build mobos in a factory all day long. I also have a 700W 80+ psu. I won't be doing any 4k or 1440, just 1080 or maybe even 720p. I cant really tell the difference in the two that much. I have researched parts, switched which mobo, which processer but I think I finally have my final list. pcparts picker says everything's compatible but I just want to get some real input. Thanks! btw the mobo is currently out of stock but it says it'll be in stock just in time for my bday. I'm trying to stay around 400 or under, my original budget was 300 so if anybody could suggest maybe a cheaper mobo or anything else that'd be greatly appreciated. I will only be using it for gaming and browing the interweb. Don't even know if I posted in the right place.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/48vmXv

CPU: *AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($174.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M BAZOOKA Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($57.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cougar MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case ($65.89 @ Amazon)
Total: $298.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-06 03:05 EDT-0400

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020
It is a cheap thermal take. Only because at the time I thought that was all I needed to run my new gpu in my old rig, so I wanted it as fast as possible and that is the only one that the local Best Buy had in stock. I will be upgrading to a ssd at some point. It looks like if I want everything from amazon with prime 2 day shipping I have to choose a different case.

Why are all your parts so expensive? Your setup is going to be a beast, I'm also thinking about water cooling down the road.

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Titan
It is a cheap thermal take. Only because at the time I thought that was all I needed to run my new gpu in my old rig, so I wanted it as fast as possible and that is the only one that the local Best Buy had in stock. I will be upgrading to a ssd at some point so maybe I'll look into getting a more efficient psu down the road. It looks like if I want everything from amazon with prime 2 day shipping I have to choose a different case.

Well, good luck to you. Due to ethical reasons, I won't assist when the safety issue is glossed over. A cheap Thermaltake -- and Thermaltake's low-end is quite awful -- is a good way to destroy new equipment and I won't participate in that.

Jul 18, 2020
A good overall performance PSU at a fair price, considering the RGB lighting and the fully modular cable design.

That is from tom's hardware review. But thanks anyway like I said I'll probably upgrade to a more efficient psu when I do my ssd.

DSzymborski

Titan
A good overall performance PSU at a fair price, considering the RGB lighting and the fully modular cable design.

That is from tom's hardware review. But thanks anyway like I said I'll probably upgrade to a more efficient psu when I do my ssd.

You said it was a cheap one. Which is why we're asking. Because you didn't tell us. So how would we reference a review? Guess the PSU is a pretty bad parlor game.