Question What do you think this computer is worth??

wolter.jeremy

Honorable
Nov 20, 2017
might sell my old build in lieu of a new one. Curious what you all would consider a fair price. I've been using it for 1440p gaming and its doing great but time to upgrade.
Specs:
CPU: ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: rx 5700
mobo: i'd have to double check exact model but mid range ASUS ATX B series chipset
cooler: scythe dual tower air cooler
RAM: 32gb DDR4
storage: I'd sell it with a 256gb SSD and 500gb HDD
Case: Phanteks P350D
PSU: corsair 600W 80+ bronze

case loaded with fans, just not RGB

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
might sell my old build in lieu of a new one. Curious what you all would consider a fair price. I've been using it for 1440p gaming and its doing great but time to upgrade.
Specs:
CPU: ryzen 5 2600x
mobo: i'd have to double check exact model but mid range ASUS ATX B series chipset
cooler: scythe dual tower air cooler
RAM: 32gb DDR4
storage: I'd sell it with a 256gb SSD and 500gb HDD
Case: Phanteks P350D
PSU: corsair 600W 80+ bronze

case loaded with fans, just not RGB

No GPU? That kind of kills any value prospect of buying the unit as a whole since it doesn't work out-of-box. Once someone has to buy individual parts, they might as well do it in the first place and not deal with a configuration they may not choose (for example, what appears to be a Corsair CX from the era before the CX was a decent PSU). You can try to get $250, but I think you'd end up needing to take less.

The most worthwhile approach would likely be selling the 2600X/motherboard/RAM as a bundle. Hang onto the drives as they're not likely worth the bother to try and sell them, re-use the case and sell it locally, and send the PSU out for recycling.

D

Deleted member 2838871

The most worthwhile approach would likely be selling the 2600X/motherboard/RAM as a bundle. Hang onto the drives as they're not likely worth the bother to try and sell them, re-use the case

Interesting. That’s exactly what I was planning on doing with my 11900k, mobo and ram after I swap out for Ryzen.

Seems like the 3 together might sell quicker.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Interesting. That’s exactly what I was planning on doing with my 11900k, mobo and ram after I swap out for Ryzen.

Seems like the 3 together might sell quicker.
Cases are especially a pain in the butt to sell given the weight and limited value.

I admittedly have an annoying tendency to hang onto and/or repurpose older hardware. So my mom has a 1070 Ti for almost no useful reason.

wolter.jeremy

Honorable
Nov 20, 2017
No GPU? That kind of kills any value prospect of buying the unit as a whole since it doesn't work out-of-box. Once someone has to buy individual parts, they might as well do it in the first place and not deal with a configuration they may not choose (for example, what appears to be a Corsair CX from the era before the CX was a decent PSU). You can try to get $250, but I think you'd end up needing to take less.

The most worthwhile approach would likely be selling the 2600X/motherboard/RAM as a bundle. Hang onto the drives as they're not likely worth the bother to try and sell them, re-use the case and sell it locally, and send the PSU out for recycling.
Oh wow, left out the most important part. Rx 5700

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Oh wow, left out the most important part. Rx 5700

Then probably $350-$400.

I'd probably still parse it out and sell the CPU/MB/RAM in one bundle, then the GPU by itself. Selling full PCs except for local is only really worth the trouble if the full PC is fairly compelling by itself. The PSU is a real issue; I'd counsel anyone interested in this machine to factor in that they'd need to immediately buy a good PSU and to discount the parts a bit as a whole due to the fact that they've been powered by a cheap, group-regulated unit for years.

The RAM speed is also missing. That's very important for a Ryzen build.