Question What does “graphics clock” mean?

May 21, 2022
Please keep it to 1 thread
My HWMonitor has Graphics, Memory and Video for my clocks. I have seen the Memory and Video clocks on the specs part of my GPU’s site and I can recognize the numbers. I don’t know though what the Graphics one means.
I also can’t find the number online so I know if it’s running by specification.

jasonf2

Distinguished
Imagine an old time cash register with a pull down handle and punch keys. You had to input the amount and then pull the lever to calculate. Computers still work in a very similar fashion. They have something to calculate loaded into their registers and then each clock cycle the calculation is performed. Clock speed is in essence how many times per second the lever is being pulled. Your CPU and GPU operated independently of each other regarding clock cycles and depending on load will move around. In modern chips systems have the ability to turn the clock speed up and down depending on load to increase efficiency, often on a per core basis depending on the system.

May 21, 2022
Imagine an old time cash register with a pull down handle and punch keys. You had to input the amount and then pull the lever to calculate. Computers still work in a very similar fashion. They have something to calculate loaded into their registers and then each clock cycle the calculation is performed. Clock speed is in essence how many times per second the lever is being pulled. Your CPU and GPU operated independently of each other regarding clock cycles and depending on load will move around. In modern chips systems have the ability to turn the clock speed up and down depending on load to increase efficiency, often on a per core basis depending on the system.
I don’t think you understood my question.

TRENDING THREADS