What Does 17-17-17-40 In Speccy Mean?

Jun 29, 2018
Just opened up speccy even though i know what specs i should have, just wanted to check everything was working as intended and see what some temps were, and noticed that my ram has some weird numbers next to the clock speed:
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1200MHz (17-17-17-40)
All makes sense to me apart from the 17-17-17-40 and if the dual channel saying "unknown" means anything?
I have two sticks of 4GB corsair LPX 2400mhz ddr4 and two sticks of 4GB corsair LPX 2666mhz ddr4.
And a Gigabyte B250M-DS3H motherboard
If you need any other info please ask and i can supply.
Thanks for the help :)

Solution

About right for default settings since you're using 2 different pairs of memory sets, each with its own default timings. I suspect the memory controller set the timings as close as it could for a compromise.
You can set the XMP in BIOS to use one of the preset memory profiles, or do it manually in the M.I.T. section of BIOS.
See page 23 of the motherboard manual.
Jun 29, 2018
thanks! Are those timings good or if not is there a way I can edit them?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

About right for default settings since you're using 2 different pairs of memory sets, each with its own default timings. I suspect the memory controller set the timings as close as it could for a compromise.
You can set the XMP in BIOS to use one of the preset memory profiles, or do it manually in the M.I.T. section of BIOS.
See page 23 of the motherboard manual.

Solution

Latest posts