[SOLVED] What does a single long beep mean in an ASUS motherboard?

Dec 8, 2021
Lately, when I've tried to play some games, my whole screen freezes, and I can only force restart my computer for it to start working properly again.

It never happened too often, so I've just been kind of putting it off, but today after that happened and I restarted, I heard the motherboard do 1 long beep then stop, no other sounds, and I didn't get an image on any of my monitors. I tried to force another restart, and it went back to doing the normal 1 short beep that it does every time it starts, but I still didn't have any image. I kept it off for a while after trying to restart a few times, and later I finally got an image again.

So I'd really like to know what that long beep could mean, I'm inclined to think that it's something to do with the graphics card based off what happened, but I'm not great with hardware and would like some help with this. I've looked it up, but guides for Asus motherboards only reference the single "everything's okay" beep that the motherboard normally does, and the only long beeps that I can see area always accompanied by shorter beeps, never a single long beep, so I don't know what this could mean.

Lastly, I did not open my PC yet, it's night time and hard to see much, but I plan to in the morning. My motherboard's model is P8Z68-V LX

Solution
according to manual
1 short - VGA detected, quick boot set to disabled, no keybaord detected
One continuous beep followed by 2 short then a pause - Memory detected (surely this means no memory detected?)
(Repeated) One continuous beep foillowed by 3 short beeps - No VGA Detected
One continuous beep followed by four short beeps - Hardware component failure

https://manualsdump.com/en/manuals/asus-p8z68-v_pro-gen3/166240/66

no picture on screen, could guess it VGA error?

Colif

Win 11 Master
according to manual
1 short - VGA detected, quick boot set to disabled, no keybaord detected
One continuous beep followed by 2 short then a pause - Memory detected (surely this means no memory detected?)
(Repeated) One continuous beep foillowed by 3 short beeps - No VGA Detected
One continuous beep followed by four short beeps - Hardware component failure

https://manualsdump.com/en/manuals/asus-p8z68-v_pro-gen3/166240/66

no picture on screen, could guess it VGA error?

Solution