[SOLVED] What does "Bulk" mean??¿?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2021
Hello everyone, this is my first post here.
So I was looking for new DDR4 ram sticks (3600mhz) and I found that Crucial have some ones which are 3600mhz CAS16. But it says "Bulk". They only come 1x8, and the dealer specifies that they don't come in a package... So my question is, are they safe to buy or should I avoid them? I'm asking this because they are quite cheap to buy.
Here is the model number if you want to google them: Cucial Ballistix 8GB DDR4-3600MHZ BL8G36C16U4R

Solution
no. get a 4x8GB kit.
when you buy a kit. the stick are tested together.

While it should work on slow speed ram, not so good on high speed one.
Jan 18, 2021
mean it wasn't package for retail.

as long as you can return it if it doesn't work. are you updating from 1 stick of 8GB to 2x8GB? buy a 2x8GB kit
Thx for the answer! I mean, I'm going to buy 4 sticks for a total of 32gb... It will be an upgrade from my current Corsair LPX 3000mhz 2x8 (I need it because of my ryzen 5 5600x). They have a year warranty from the dealer...

Jan 18, 2021
no. get a 4x8GB kit.
when you buy a kit. the stick are tested together.

While it should work on slow speed ram, not so good on high speed one.
Oh ok, so you are saying is not worth buying them separately? Is the risk too high? Sorry I'm asking a lot, but I couldn't find more information about using kits vs using separated ones...

D

Deleted member 2720853

Oh ok, so you are saying is not worth buying them separately? Is the risk too high? Sorry I'm asking a lot, but I couldn't find more information about using kits vs using separated ones...
Using mixed RAM sticks from different kits is always a gamble. It may work, it may not. But I bet you at that frequency that you'll run into problems. Especially if you're on Ryzen (this is why mentioning specs in the original post is helpful...)

Just buy a tried and tested 4x8 GB kit that is on your motherboard's QVL list.

Reactions: FranCal92
Status
Not open for further replies.