[SOLVED] What does it mean when a green square and red/green verticle lines appear on screen first thing when booting?

Feb 20, 2021
My PC starts and seems to work just fine but I get a green sometimes white or blue square and red/green verticle lines appear when booting my PC they disappear and then it boots like normal. It only started shortly after I installed an SSD with windows 10. I had windows 10 before but was using a HDD.

Picture of my problem.

GPU - AMD rx 580
CPU - Ryzen 7 x3700
Motherboard - Msi mpg x570 gaming plus

Solution
I would look for a loose connection.

When system is cool the loose connection causes the problem. Once warmed up and expanded the connection tightens and then normal boot.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Reseat all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers.

If the problem, continues try another known working video cable.

And, after that try another known working monitor.

Try your monitor on another known working computer.

Determine if the problem remains with the computer or follows the monitor.

Ralston18

Titan
I would look for a loose connection.

When system is cool the loose connection causes the problem. Once warmed up and expanded the connection tightens and then normal boot.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Reseat all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers.

If the problem, continues try another known working video cable.

And, after that try another known working monitor.

Try your monitor on another known working computer.

Determine if the problem remains with the computer or follows the monitor.

Reactions: Nsparks94
Solution
by 'installed an SSD with Windows 10', do you mean you moved an SSD with an installation from some other rig with a different chipset/GPU combo over to your current rig? (If so, you are lucky it even boots to the desktop, much less operates with MS-provided default drivers)

Feb 20, 2021
by 'installed an SSD with Windows 10', do you mean you moved an SSD with an installation from some other rig with a different chipset/GPU combo over to your current rig? (If so, you are lucky it even boots to the desktop, much less operates with MS-provided default drivers)

No, the SSD was completely clean when I put it into my PC Rig and then I installed a Windows 10 on it.