What does my APU do?

Solution
With an APU theres a setting in bios that you can change to dedicate a portion of your system ram to the graphics processing. The default is usually 512mb, you can increase it up to 2gb but whatever you choose is then unavailable to the rest of your system

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

CPU and APU are the same thing. AMD coined the APU term to describe their series of processors that have an integrated GPU, which uses GPU cores from their aftermarket GPUs.

Architecturally Intel Pentium and Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs with integrated HD graphics are the same, however graphically the AMD processors generally perform a little better.

junii421

Notable
Feb 27, 2017

So how much Vram does it give or how does it help?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

None. it uses system RAM just like any Intel processor with an iGPU. Technically if you have a GPU once it runs out of VRAM it rolls over to your system ram as well.

With an APU theres a setting in bios that you can change to dedicate a portion of your system ram to the graphics processing. The default is usually 512mb, you can increase it up to 2gb but whatever you choose is then unavailable to the rest of your system

Solution

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

You can do this on an Intel iGPU as well, its not specific to AMD APUs