Question What does PCIe slot bandwidth mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_4_

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2016
I am a student that just got into my IT system management course, and I am trying to figure out:

1. What PCIe slot bandwidth stands for?
  2. What PCIe slot gigatransfer stands for?
  3. What PCIe slot frequency stands for?
I just want to understand the concept better

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I am a student that just got into my IT system management course, and I am trying to figure out:

1. What PCIe slot bandwidth stands for?
  2. What PCIe slot gigatransfer stands for?
  3. What PCIe slot frequency stands for?
I just want to understand the concept better
Do your own homework. You can Google all 3 of those questions and get all the information you need.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
My bad Mr.ImInABadMood, but I searched the terms "PCIe slot bandwidth explained" and similar terms and I couldn't figure it out. Anyways, thank you for the reference! :D
Your first question.

You sure you need to be in IT? Your asking very basic questions and google clearly has the answers.

Like this is exactly the kind of answers people give when they expect everyone else to have the same knowledge as them
No. If someone tells you the words mean exactly what the definitions of the words mean, and yet it still does not occur to you to consult a dictionary or Google, then you have to seriously consider if your logic or English is good enough for IT, which is all about problem-solving.

USAFRet

Titan
The other side of the issue here is that people should be prepared to do the barest modicum of investigation and research on their base question.

Especially when this relates to a classroom environment.

I personally will not do someones homework for them.
But, if you do just a little research, and then hit a wall - " I looked this up and don't understand this part..."
Then I would absolutely assist.But do that basic bit of research on you own first.

People today have the worlds greatest information resource, literally at their fingertips. (and I REALLY don't mean the idiot AI things)
But will fail to even apply brain and fingers to the keyboard.

Instead, they post a half formed question that is on the level of "What is 2 + 3?"

Instead of just giving them the answer, often, I will pose a question back to them.
"In your own words, what do YOU think it means?"

tl-dr......do a tiny bit of research first. Tell me what you don't understand, in all the stuff you've found.

D

Deleted member 2838871

Hard not to agree... when I need answers I go to Google... and sometimes Wikipedia.

Nothing wrong with asking questions... but in this day and age answers to pretty much everything are easy to find online.

Status
Not open for further replies.