Question what does the hidden button on the phantecs eclipse 400s do?

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
I have a Phanteks eclipse P400s. There are 3 hidden buttons that are under the lip by the power button, the there are 2 on the right and one on the far left. One on the right changes the LED color and the other reboots or something, it’s not important. When I press the button on the far left the case gets a lot quieter, when I press it again it’s less quiet and when I press it a 3rd time it’s back at the same volume! I looked on amazon and the cases instruction Manuel and it just mentions the buttons, not what they do. I looked at my motherboards BIOS and when I press the button the fan speeds don’t go down and the temperature doesn’t go up, so I’m not sure what’s going on. I want to have it on “quiet mode” all the time but I’m a bit worried that it may slow my system down to maintain an ideal temperature or overheat. Could someone who has the case explain what it does? I hate to post this on a forum and make other people look, but I can’t seem to find anywhere any answers.

The two on the right are for controlling LED and Reset button. I think you already knew that.
The one on the far left controls case fan speeds.
You could test the different speeds while checking your PC temperatures and decide if the lower setting could be enough. There could not be a difference in temperatures, so the lower setting could be fine for your setup.