[SOLVED] What does the leds mean on my gpu?

Aug 1, 2021
Hi, my rtx 3070 from evga suddenly stop working was watching a video and when i tried gonfullscreen my screen went black and from the 3 leds on too the power connectors, the one to the right light up. Does it mean is dead? Or is it something with powersupply related?

Solution
It does not seem to matter how many red LEDs appear; all it takes is one, and the darn thing refuses to respond to anything.
You can try a different PCIe power cord(from the same psu, of course), or even try the gpu in a different PC(if possible). You should still contact EVGA if that doesn't work.

There's something electrically wrong with these RTX 30 cards, what with the red light of death, and a mix of old and new titles seemingly killing them off.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I believe there's 2 different colors that can pop up, so it depends on that.
Red: gpu. Contact EVGA support. Prepare for the possibility that you will have to RMA the gpu.
White: psu. The RTX 30 series requires more robust - thus more expensive - psu solutions. I know the 80+ rating doesn't mean too much, but still... some gold rated ones can't handle the higher end models.

Aug 1, 2021
I believe there's 2 different colors that can pop up, so it depends on that.
Red: gpu. Contact EVGA support. Prepare for the possibility that you will have to RMA the gpu.
White: psu. The RTX 30 series requires more robust - thus more expensive - psu solutions. I know the 80+ rating doesn't mean too much, but still... some gold rated ones can't handle the higher end models.
So lets say its the powersupply, would 1000w powersupply could potentially solve the problem?

Aug 1, 2021
No, because wattage does not equal quality; there are crap 1000w+ models out there too.

That said, the RM750X should've been a good pairing with a 3070, unless it's really old...
Your card's showing the red LED, isn't it?
Yes, but there are 3 red leds above the power connectors and only one(right side) is lighting up, i forgot to mention that I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu, z170 with a i7 7700k to a z590 with a i7 11700k.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, but there are 3 red leds above the power connectors and only one(right side) is lighting up, i forgot to mention that I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu, z170 with a i7 7700k to a z590 with a i7 11700k.
My understanding of those red led's 1 red LED means no power is being received in that plug or the card thinks their no power.. 3 red LED's the card is in BIOS flash mode.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It does not seem to matter how many red LEDs appear; all it takes is one, and the darn thing refuses to respond to anything.
You can try a different PCIe power cord(from the same psu, of course), or even try the gpu in a different PC(if possible). You should still contact EVGA if that doesn't work.

There's something electrically wrong with these RTX 30 cards, what with the red light of death, and a mix of old and new titles seemingly killing them off.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS