[SOLVED] What does this mean?

Vince_1701

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017
I saw in my 'device manager' that 'PCI simple communications controller' and 'USB IMAGING DEVICE' had yellow signs next to them, and when I checked it out, it said the drivers weren't installed. I tried to install them by the 'internet search' choice, and also 'searching' the hard drive, neither worked(It said the drivers couldn't be found.) Also, when I plug into the front USB port, a message comes up that says it isn't running at top speed, I should turn the port(s) into hi-speed ports. This is recent, previously, the device manager didn't show any issues, and the front ports were 3.0, hi-speed. What is the issue here, and where can I find the drivers to correct the problem, or is that the problem at all? Thanks!

Solution
'PCI simple communications controller' is a modem.
'USB IMAGING DEVICE' could be a camera or a scanner, possibly with a 3in1 printer.
If you enter it's properties you can find Hardware IDs, copy end Google it and that should give an idea about exact HW.

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
I would start at the mobo manufacturer page, they might have those driver packages separately, or they may bundle them all together in a "chipset drivers" package.

But to back up a bit, what kinds of changes have you made to your setup that may have prompted the issues? Adding hardware, uninstalling software utilities, reinstalling or removing related drivers, updating BIOS, etc?

'PCI simple communications controller' is a modem.
'USB IMAGING DEVICE' could be a camera or a scanner, possibly with a 3in1 printer.
If you enter it's properties you can find Hardware IDs, copy end Google it and that should give an idea about exact HW.

Solution