What drivers do I need and where can I get them?

Lexi01

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
I just built my computer, I am in the process of getting Windows 10 installed, and I realize I'm going to need drivers for anything to function. What drivers will I need and where can I get them?

Solution
Yes that is the correct page, go to; Support -> Driver and Tools -> Select OS -> Download each driver one at a time, it will usually want a restart after completing each one. Just do them all, you may update one even if you already have it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Check the motherboard makers web site for the model once PC running

Win 10 will try to collect drivers for you so should be okay for graphics cards and mouse/keyboard if applicable. It might even get some motherboard drivers but it always pays to check.
You can go to Nvidia or AMD (depending what you have) and download their drivers. With Nvidia I would download the geforce experience as it will then search for latest drivers and suggest them to you.

Lexi01

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016

That is very helpful, thank you. The motherboard website has a lot of different downloads and I'm not quite sure which ones I should be getting.

drpower

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2012
Yes that is the correct page, go to; Support -> Driver and Tools -> Select OS -> Download each driver one at a time, it will usually want a restart after completing each one. Just do them all, you may update one even if you already have it.

Solution