[SOLVED] What Drivers do I need to install on a Fresh PC?

May 7, 2020
and how do I check my drivers?

PC Specifications:
MOBO: Asus Maximus x Hero
CPU: Intel i7 8700k
RAM: Corsair 3200Mhz 16GB DDR4
GPU: Zotac 1070Ti AMP
Monitor: LG-32GK650F
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 G2
Case: Corsair 750d w/ Added fans
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
Mouse & Keyboard: Razer Deathadder Elite & Q-PAD MK-85
Audio Interface: Behringer u-phoria umc202hd
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 599

Solution
well first download the gpu drivers (drivers here:https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/162105/en-us ) just click that green download button.
Second you should download motherboard drivers (drivers here:https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/ ) i THINK you should only download the latest version (the VGA one),but dont hold me for granted,maybe other guys will help you with that,or just google it.
Third is not a MUST download,but its quite usefull.Download MSI Afterburner,bassically a program that lets you overclock you GPU (if u want),and see the cpu/ram/gpu usage,temps,fps,etc in games..Im sure you atleast once saw orange and white numbers on the top left corner while people...
well first download the gpu drivers (drivers here:https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/162105/en-us ) just click that green download button.
Second you should download motherboard drivers (drivers here:https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/ ) i THINK you should only download the latest version (the VGA one),but dont hold me for granted,maybe other guys will help you with that,or just google it.
Third is not a MUST download,but its quite usefull.Download MSI Afterburner,bassically a program that lets you overclock you GPU (if u want),and see the cpu/ram/gpu usage,temps,fps,etc in games..Im sure you atleast once saw orange and white numbers on the top left corner while people are playing games,thats msi afterburner,also it doesnt affect fps so you can run it in the background.Its a must if you do test in games on some components (with title of the video looking like:"GTX 1070 TI test in 20 games" and other titles).Bassically its a MUST for me.
Fourth is CCleaner.Bassically cleans up your storage,uselles left over files from deleted programs and simply does the pc software maintenance for you.
Fifth i dont know how good is Windows AntiVirus tool,but you could download Avast if you are downloading cracked games,or other "non-legit" stuff.
Also to check if your 1070 Ti drivers are up to date,look at this video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoOHOpAAl2Q
I dont know if the NVIDIA's drivers program has been updates since 2018,but i use a r9 380 so i wouldnt know.If you are still lost on how to check the 1070 Ti drivers simply google it.

Also all of this stuff is for windows 10 (Home or Pro) 64x bit,so if you are using linux i cant help you

Reactions: Claken
Solution
Third is not a MUST download,but its quite usefull.Download MSI Afterburner,bassically a program that lets you overclock you GPU (if u want),and see the cpu/ram/gpu usage,temps,fps,etc in games..Im sure you atleast once saw orange and white numbers on the top left corner while people are playing games,thats msi afterburner,also it doesnt affect fps so you can run it in the background.Its a must if you do test in games on some components (with title of the video looking like:"GTX 1070 TI test in 20 games" and other titles).Bassically its a MUST for me.
Fourth is CCleaner.Bassically cleans up your storage,uselles left over files from deleted programs and simply does the pc software maintenance for you.
Fifth i dont know how good is Windows AntiVirus tool,but you could download Avast if you are downloading cracked games,or other "non-legit" stuff.
I dont know if the NVIDIA's drivers program has been updates since 2018,but i use a r9 380 so i wouldnt know.If you are still lost on how to check the 1070 Ti drivers simply google it.

Also all of this stuff is for windows 10 (Home or Pro) 64x bit,so if you are using linux i cant help you
You pretty much covered it all but if he has a Wifi or Bluetooth PCIe card, those need drivers as well.

You pretty much covered it all but if he has a Wifi or Bluetooth PCIe card, those need drivers as well.
Windows 10 has an remarkable array of default and manufacturers drivers (including NVIDIA drivers; this is how Windows To Go is even possible. I have loaded Windows 10 on about a dozen computers and rarely does it need more than one driver to address all the devices in the Device Manager. Saying that, as mentioned above, the key is making sure your internet connection will be working. Usually Windows 10 will have your wireless/ Ethernet driver(s), but if yours is the exception, you'll need to have such a driver handy. After that you can download to your PC whatever drivers you might need.

May 7, 2020

Alright thankyou sounds good.
I did already install the nVidia drivers although the nVidia control panel was already bottom right which I had already used to adjust a few settings. Enabling G-Sync and Full Colour Range.

I did also install MSI Afterburner previously because I have used it for a few years now so its a must have. I've only ever had it for monitoring and the custom fan speed curve. I've never really dabbled in overclocking before. The GPU reaches 80oc as it is with some games. 144hz with 2560x1440. I'm waiting until some new GPU's release before upgrading i think.

I will have a look at the MOBO drivers again. I had a look previously but I wasn't sure which ones to really install. You think I might need the VGA driver?

Yeah I've had CCLeaner before, seems alright. I always hear people mention its back door security thing. I wouldn't know if that's a huge issue or not though.

In terms of AntiVirus I have had people recommend me MalwareBytes and I have tried it for a little while. Not really sure if it made a huge difference or not. I dint often go on any shady websites etc. It seemed good.

And yeah I'm on Win10 64bit.

Thankyou for all your time and help. Dont suppose you'd recommend any mouse software or know if there are drivers for the audio interface? I mean both are working without them but perhaps it could help fine tune things maybe?

Thanks again!

May 7, 2020
Windows 10 has an remarkable array of default and manufacturers drivers (including NVIDIA drivers; this is how Windows To Go is even possible. I have loaded Windows 10 on about a dozen computers and rarely does it need more than one driver to address all the devices in the Device Manager. Saying that, as mentioned above, the key is making sure your internet connection will be working. Usually Windows 10 will have your wireless/ Ethernet driver(s), but if yours is the exception, you'll need to have such a driver handy. After that you can download to your PC whatever drivers you might need.
Right yes it seemed to work great right off the bat. nVida control panel was present on the taskbar without me having to do anything. I did however install the driver from their website. I did not do it as a clean install which hopefully didn't mess anything around?

Luckily I have a wired Internet connection so I did not need to do anything there either!

Alright thankyou sounds good.
I did already install the nVidia drivers although the nVidia control panel was already bottom right which I had already used to adjust a few settings. Enabling G-Sync and Full Colour Range.

I did also install MSI Afterburner previously because I have used it for a few years now so its a must have. I've only ever had it for monitoring and the custom fan speed curve. I've never really dabbled in overclocking before. The GPU reaches 80oc as it is with some games. 144hz with 2560x1440. I'm waiting until some new GPU's release before upgrading i think.

I will have a look at the MOBO drivers again. I had a look previously but I wasn't sure which ones to really install. You think I might need the VGA driver?

Yeah I've had CCLeaner before, seems alright. I always hear people mention its back door security thing. I wouldn't know if that's a huge issue or not though.

In terms of AntiVirus I have had people recommend me MalwareBytes and I have tried it for a little while. Not really sure if it made a huge difference or not. I dint often go on any shady websites etc. It seemed good.

And yeah I'm on Win10 64bit.

Thankyou for all your time and help. Dont suppose you'd recommend any mouse software or know if there are drivers for the audio interface? I mean both are working without them but perhaps it could help fine tune things maybe?

Thanks again!
There is a mouse software,especially for gaming mice.I have a redragon m716 gaming mouse and i downloaded its software which allows me to adjust dpi,rgb and many more features.Just look up you mouse on google and you should find it easily.Im glad to help.

May 7, 2020
There is a mouse software,especially for gaming mice.I have a redragon m716 gaming mouse and i downloaded its software which allows me to adjust dpi,rgb and many more features.Just look up you mouse on google and you should find it easily.Im glad to help.
Yeah I know the Razer has the software but I just wasn't sure how important it was? Is it gonna use up much performance in the background haha?

Yeah I know the Razer has the software but I just wasn't sure how important it was? Is it gonna use up much performance in the background haha?
no absolutelly not.Thoose light programs such as mouse software,msi afterburner,etc.. dont affect fps at all times.My Redragon software is always on in the background and i dissabled it once and it didnt affect fps whatsoever.You just download mouse software if you want to change DPI,pulling rate,RGB and other things,it is not essential,but hey if you bought a gaming mouse why not download its software.