Question What dual KVM switches support DisplayPort 1.4?

CharlieLo

Commendable
Feb 15, 2020
I have tried the CKLau-622DP-4 and HDK0402A1U and both were not satisfactory. The CKLau model does not have EDID simulation so every time I switch between my two Macbook Pro M1, all the windows moved and resized. That's very annoying because I have to readjust all the windows size and locations/virtual desktops. Their CKLau-622DP-M model have EDID simulations; however, they only have DisplayPort 1.2 instead of 1.4. At the, moment I only have two old Dell U2412Mb monitors but I'm also thinking about future monitors that will surpass the limitations of 1.2 resolution. With the Tesmart model HDK0402A1U, it simply does not work with my current monitors. If I bypass the Tesmart KVM, two monitors work fine. However, once I connected to the Tesmart KVM, the two monitors show no signal. So, I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. I found this brand ROFAVEZCO but I don't see a lot of reviews. By looking at the specs, it just seems too good to be true. I believed it even have EDID with USB3.0 and HDMI 2.1 8K dual monitor. Are there any other brand or models that will give me the following:
  1. DisplayPort 1.4 and/or HDMI 2.1 or worst HDMI 2.0
  2. USB 3.0 hub
  3. 4K @60Hz
  4. EDID simulations
Thank you so much in advance for recommendations/suggestions.

ASK THE COMMUNITY