What DVD + - burners come with Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator..

I will be buying my drive seperate from my computer configuration since Dell
is not offering configured computers with both formats (+ -) as well as not
using Roxio anymore.

I was curious, besides Plextor, do you guys know other companies that
include Roxio products with their DVD burner drives? While I'm at it, a lot
of people have recommended that I get a Plextor drive, but according to
their site, 3 of them are not even being offered yet and 1 of them is old
technology.

Please advise.

Thanks.

gringo

I have a pile of -R that doesn't work :) Didnt know the difference (I still
don't - just know mine does +r only)

"Sseaott" <SseaottATcomcastDOTnet> wrote in message
> I will be buying my drive seperate from my computer configuration since
Dell
> is not offering configured computers with both formats (+ -) as well as
not
> using Roxio anymore.
>
> I was curious, besides Plextor, do you guys know other companies that
> include Roxio products with their DVD burner drives? While I'm at it, a
lot
> of people have recommended that I get a Plextor drive, but according to
> their site, 3 of them are not even being offered yet and 1 of them is old
> technology.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks.

Douglas

The Plextor PX-708A is the current model.It is available from newegg.com for
$164 shipped.They also sell the version without software for a few dollars
less.The software version is Roxio Creator 6.Some other drives you might
look at are NEC 2500 ($90) the Pioneer 107 ($110).Both are 8x burners for
both - and + formats.The NEC is the highest rated drive on a very popular
forum.You then could buy Roxio Creator Suite 7 for about $80,and send in for
the $20 rebate.This is the full retail of the LATEST software.The included
software with the Plextor is an older version and is NOT as full featured as
the retail version!
"Sseaott" <SseaottATcomcastDOTnet> wrote in message
> I will be buying my drive seperate from my computer configuration since
Dell
> is not offering configured computers with both formats (+ -) as well as
not
> using Roxio anymore.
>
> I was curious, besides Plextor, do you guys know other companies that
> include Roxio products with their DVD burner drives? While I'm at it, a
lot
> of people have recommended that I get a Plextor drive, but according to
> their site, 3 of them are not even being offered yet and 1 of them is old
> technology.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks.

Probably better to just buy the drive you really want without roxio and then
buy the retail (or whatever) version for $80. Usually the freebie version
in limited. Especially when it came from dell. No sense in buying a drive
you may not like just to get free crippled software.

"Douglas" <.> wrote in message news:aoidncR62tAXgund4p2dnA@centurytel.net...
> The Plextor PX-708A is the current model.It is available from newegg.com
for
> $164 shipped.They also sell the version without software for a few dollars
> less.The software version is Roxio Creator 6.Some other drives you might
> look at are NEC 2500 ($90) the Pioneer 107 ($110).Both are 8x burners for
> both - and + formats.The NEC is the highest rated drive on a very popular
> forum.You then could buy Roxio Creator Suite 7 for about $80,and send in
for
> the $20 rebate.This is the full retail of the LATEST software.The included
> software with the Plextor is an older version and is NOT as full featured
as
> the retail version!
> "Sseaott" <SseaottATcomcastDOTnet> wrote in message
> > I will be buying my drive seperate from my computer configuration since
> Dell
> > is not offering configured computers with both formats (+ -) as well as
> not
> > using Roxio anymore.
> >
> > I was curious, besides Plextor, do you guys know other companies that
> > include Roxio products with their DVD burner drives? While I'm at it, a
> lot
> > of people have recommended that I get a Plextor drive, but according to
> > their site, 3 of them are not even being offered yet and 1 of them is
old
> > technology.
> >
> > Please advise.
> >
> > Thanks.