Status
Not open for further replies.

xYowie

Reputable
Nov 23, 2015
Hopefully im posting in the right place

Im 195 pounds 5"11
So far ive found this
https://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/product/1/gaming_chairs/racing_series/oh-rv001-nw/

Could i get away with a cheaper formula series chair? The formula series is rated <200lb and 5 pounds isn't hard to gain.

Ralston18

Titan
My recommendation is to go to some "big box" store and actually sit in a variety of desk chairs.

You really probably do not need some hyped up chair that (to me) seems extremely over-priced.

Find a couple of chairs that fit your measurements and feel comfortable.

Take a very close look at how the chair is built: is it truly solid, are the plastic parts thick or thin? Bounce in the chair some, roll around while in it. Do you feel well supported or is there some "flimsyness" to the chair?

Then go online and look for product reviews regarding durability, product support, etc....

For the most part, cheaper chairs just do not work out and have a short life span in the real world. (I gave up on low priced chairs years ago.)

On the other hand an over-priced chair may not truly be of any advantage either. Quality may not hold up.

FetchInc

Prominent
May 7, 2017
Hey,

You can find a very thorough buying guide on the DXRacer website. Here is a link to the Canadian site's guide: https://www.dxracer.ca/buying-guide/

I personally am 5'11" and ~170 lbs. I purchased a Drift and it fits me very well, but as everyone's height and weight can be proportioned differently it is worth your time to read the buying guide.

As far as Ralston saying not to buy one, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I have purchased 3 medium-priced chairs over the years (up to $200 on one) and they've never held up to my expectations. The DXRacer is much more comfortable to sit in for extended times and helps a lot with my posture. It was worth every penny I spent on it, and I would never go back to a "normal person" chair again. It's all a matter of what you choose to spend your income on, and a good chair was important to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.