What else broke, on connecting a weird sound card wrong and burnt it?

Midianic

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Ok so i am asking opinions on what else broke on the PC this part was installed on, the sound card obviously burned.

Heres a link to the actual part, you see how the pci-e connectors are wrong, and it only plugs in the wrong way. http://imgur.com/6tQ25Ti

After it burnt, and was removed, the PC didnt boot up normally and got stuck on midway bios load, after a few forced shutdowns, it got past the bios load but got stuck on black screen before windows logo.

Easy fix was to take the USB devices out, and it booted up normally. BUT afterwards it randomly kept doing that, sometimes it works, sometimes i have to remove the USB devices for the normal bootup.

This problem doesnt show up on any other way, everything works perfectly except that.

Im thinking that either the motherboard, or the power supply got hit when it happened, thought on this is to rule out things before i order parts.

Any thoughts? (other than like "stupidest in the world to even try such a thing!) :)

Midianic

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Obviously it works on a special motherboard, but what did it break when it was installed on a normal motherboard?