Question What else could improve this horrible performance?

rustedmetal

Reputable
Sep 30, 2018
It's a laptop model Satellite C855D-S5103 which has what seems to be the worst of the worst when it comes to processor. It comes with a Vision AMD processor that takes way too long than what i consider bearable to boot and and surf. I updated the RAM from 4 GB to 8GB which i knew wasn't going to do much to improve the performance, i got an SSD for it which gave it a much needed speed boost but it wasn't anywhere near what i was looking for, and finally i deleted every unnecessary software from its storage. The final result is better than it's initial performance but still nothing compared to my i-5 laptop. What other upgrades are possible for this laptop? Unfortunately the processor is not removable like in some rare cases so that's out of the question. Thanks in advance for the help.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I get that you're here for advice on how to improve this laptop, but I believe you already know the answer.
Time to let sleeping dogs lie...

You already did what you could for it - the memory and the SSD. The cpu, a dual core that runs just over 1ghz, is soldered to the mobo, so it can't be replaced.

rustedmetal

Reputable
Sep 30, 2018
I get that you're here for advice on how to improve this laptop, but I believe you already know the answer.
Time to let sleeping dogs lie...

You already did what you could for it - the memory and the SSD. The cpu, a dual core that runs just over 1ghz, is soldered to the mobo, so it can't be replaced.
What about an older operating system like Win 8 ?