What else would make a pc faster?

strelokstk

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
hi, i recently built a gaming pc and i tried to make it as fast as possible. i was wondering besided a powerful cpu, fast ram, ssd/pcie ssd/raid 0 what else would contribute to make a pc faster?

IRONBATMAN

Honorable
Motherboard ? I don't think so. But of course you need some standards. The main difference between all motherboards are the features , not the performance it can give. Don't squeeze out too much outta your PC. Just stick with the power it can give.

But what do you mean faster ? Boot faster ? higher FPS ? Or both ?

Remember , for gaming it's usually 80% GPU . Your Graphics card matter a lot. If you keep them clean and remove the dust ( if its new , there shouldn't be dust. Maybe once every 6 months ) , the life span of your parts should not decrease.

If you're just Gaming 8GB of RAM is good enough.

Air Flow and temperatures could be a factor too. but not the biggest. try to keep your case as neat as possible and keep your Parts cool.

strelokstk

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
i clean it often, i was talking about using the pc not for games. i found the words: im wondering if there are other technologies i dont know about yet besides raid, xmp...but i guess that'all. how does a psu make a pc faster if it only provides power? if it's not enough it would just blow up, right?

Latipsify

Honorable
May 24, 2013

I said a motherboard as he didn't mention anything about having one. Neither implying he has or doesn't have one. Sorry...