[SOLVED] What enclosure to use

Jan 4, 2020
I have an old Macbook pro (2009) and I want to take out the hard drive and extract the data to put on my new pc. What type of enclosure should I purchase for this and will I need software for the data going from mac to pc?

Solution
I have an old Macbook pro (2009) and I want to take out the hard drive and extract the data to put on my new pc. What type of enclosure should I purchase for this and will I need software for the data going from mac to pc?
You may not be able to do that -- the disk format for the MAC is probably not compatible with Windows unless it is exFAT -- very likely it is HFS+ though.

How much data are you talking? Do you have any external storage drives that can hold the data and are compatible with Windows?

RealBeast

Titan
You may not be able to do that -- the disk format for the MAC is probably not compatible with Windows unless it is exFAT -- very likely it is HFS+ though.

How much data are you talking? Do you have any external storage drives that can hold the data and are compatible with Windows?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS