[SOLVED] What ever happened to the INTEL 5.0 GHz i9-9900KS CPU?

Aug 24, 2019
What ever happened to the Intel i9-9900KS, from back in May, which could run at 5.00 GHz, on all cores?

According to the articles, it was going to be released, but when, especially w/the next generation coming soon.

Solution
it has not been canceled, just not yet released, as far as I know...(classic paper launch?) :)

With so many getting 5.0 GHz on all cores with a 9900K or KF , a good cooler and a few keystrokes in the BIOS, the model seems almost pointless, but,...someone will buy it.

With not a single Ryzen really matching even the 9700K much less the 9900K in gaming with the best GPU, maybe they've slowed their plans for it's release. (I doubt the 3950X will be faster than current models with so many cores)
it has not been canceled, just not yet released, as far as I know...(classic paper launch?) :)

With so many getting 5.0 GHz on all cores with a 9900K or KF , a good cooler and a few keystrokes in the BIOS, the model seems almost pointless, but,...someone will buy it.

With not a single Ryzen really matching even the 9700K much less the 9900K in gaming with the best GPU, maybe they've slowed their plans for it's release. (I doubt the 3950X will be faster than current models with so many cores)

Solution

Latest posts