[SOLVED] What external graphic card is compatible with my Lenovo ideapad 110?

Jan 10, 2020
Hello members!

I got a new laptop as a Christmas gift and would like to play some games on it.
I've been reading about using an external graphic card for your laptop, because of upgrading my graphic card was apparently not an option.
So after some googling I still feel lost and now asking for advice here.

System info:

Brand: Lenovo
Model: Ideapad 110-15ACL
Processor: AMD A6-7310 APU 6th Gen (Quad Core 2.4GHz)
Graphic Card: AMD Radeon R4
Memory: 8GB
Ports: 2 USB ports (1 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0), HDMI Port, Multi Card Slot, Mic In ports

What external graphic card is compatible with my laptop and how much should I invest to play games with decent quality?

Solution
Okay I just looked up the Cinebench R15 scores of that CPU, and sorry to break it to you, but it's pathetically weak at 160ish cb. You wont have a meaningful experience unless you're looking to play less demanding or old games. Even then , getting a GPU, PSU and an adaptor does't make any sense for the cost. You're better off getting a used PC and upgrading it for gaming, and keeping the laptop for other uses

Sandywich999

Reputable
Mar 17, 2019
Okay I just looked up the Cinebench R15 scores of that CPU, and sorry to break it to you, but it's pathetically weak at 160ish cb. You wont have a meaningful experience unless you're looking to play less demanding or old games. Even then , getting a GPU, PSU and an adaptor does't make any sense for the cost. You're better off getting a used PC and upgrading it for gaming, and keeping the laptop for other uses

Solution
Jan 10, 2020

Well that was definitely bad news for me indeed. I'm maybe better off building my own PC after getting a decent budget. Thank you for your help anyway, I appreciate it!