What Fan Configuration?

Casper Traberg-Larsen

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2013
How would you connect the fans in this setup?

Case: Fractal Define R4
GPU: GTX780 MSI
CPU: I5-4670
PSU: Corsair AX860
1x 140 exhaust CASE fan
1x System header

I want silence :)

Solution
Just connect the case fans to the fan controller, and the cpu cooler to the cpu header? I don't really see the real question in this i must admit, it's pretty simple. ;)

Just use the software from your motherboard to make the case fans a bit slower if you want more silence, but since the GTX780 is probably going to make some noise i wouldn't even make the case fans run slower, rather have them run normal and the GPU gets a bit less noisy under load.

But it's defently the GPU which is going to create most of the noice.

NiCoM

Honorable
Just connect the case fans to the fan controller, and the cpu cooler to the cpu header? I don't really see the real question in this i must admit, it's pretty simple. ;)

Just use the software from your motherboard to make the case fans a bit slower if you want more silence, but since the GTX780 is probably going to make some noise i wouldn't even make the case fans run slower, rather have them run normal and the GPU gets a bit less noisy under load.

But it's defently the GPU which is going to create most of the noice.

Solution

Plusthinking Iq

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
waht motherboard you got? if you got asus you can use the asus fan expert 2, its some of the best software you can use. the fan controller in the r4 is crap, dont go low enough,
the 780 is easier to handle, but do you have reference cooler or what? either way make custom fan profile an adjust powerlevel to get lower noise with minimal fps loss.