[SOLVED] What Fan controller should i get?

I BIN A RADLA

Commendable
Dec 10, 2020
So I'm gonna buy the Corsair 4000x with the three Sp120 rgb fans, the case comes with an rgb controller but not with a fan controller.
I dont know what fan controller i should get and it would be really helpful if somebody could recommend one.

Thanks in advance

Solution
NOTE: I goofed! I have edited my prior post by changing the name of the included box to ...CORE, not ...Pro. (CORE is the newer Corsair product that combines the functions of two previous boxes into one.)

The Lighting Node CORE does it. It has one cable to connect to a SATA power output connector from your PSU for power for all the items plugged into it, and a cable you connect between it and a mobo USB2 header. Then you plug all your fans into this box. Then you run the iCUE software utility. It communicates with that box. It also gets info from your mobo about the CPU and mobo temperature sensors, and can get fan speed info from the box. The software takes over management of the fan motor speeds, and also of the fan lighting...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I believe you'll already have all you need. First, recognoze that the fan MOTORS can be controlled by mobo fan headers for most RGB fans. By the way, the fans you get are the more complex ARGB type. BUT Corsair makes that harder because they use non-standard connectors on their fans. Then they SOLVE that problem with what you are buying. That iCUE 4000X RGB case includes the SP120 RGB fans plus the Lighting Node Pro controller box. That box has six ports to accept the locking six-contact connector on each fan. Using the free iCUE software tool you can control the lighting displays of those fans from your keyboard. But ALSO, that control box and iCUE tool give you control of the FAN MOTORS, so that takes care of your question.

I BIN A RADLA

Commendable
Dec 10, 2020
I believe you'll already have all you need. First, recognoze that the fan MOTORS can be controlled by mobo fan headers for most RGB fans. By the way, the fans you get are the more complex ARGB type. BUT Corsair makes that harder because they use non-standard connectors on their fans. Then they SOLVE that problem with what you are buying. That iCUE 4000X RGB case includes the SP120 RGB fans plus the Lighting Node Pro controller box. That box has six ports to accept the locking six-contact connector on each fan. Using the free iCUE software tool you can control the lighting displays of those fans from your keyboard. But ALSO, that control box and iCUE tool give you control of the FAN MOTORS, so that takes care of your question.

I forgot to mention that i ment a controller to power those fans because i only have one fan header or does the Lighting Node Pro do it?

Last edited:

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
NOTE: I goofed! I have edited my prior post by changing the name of the included box to ...CORE, not ...Pro. (CORE is the newer Corsair product that combines the functions of two previous boxes into one.)

The Lighting Node CORE does it. It has one cable to connect to a SATA power output connector from your PSU for power for all the items plugged into it, and a cable you connect between it and a mobo USB2 header. Then you plug all your fans into this box. Then you run the iCUE software utility. It communicates with that box. It also gets info from your mobo about the CPU and mobo temperature sensors, and can get fan speed info from the box. The software takes over management of the fan motor speeds, and also of the fan lighting displays, conveying its instructions via the USB2 cable to the Lighting Node CORE box. So no mobo headers are involved in either of thse functions And the CORE box supplies all the power for both sets of functions to the fans plugged into it.

Solution

I BIN A RADLA

Commendable
Dec 10, 2020

The Lighting Node CORE does it. It has one cable to connect to a SATA power output connector from your PSU for power for all the items plugged into it, and a cable you connect between it and a mobo USB2 header. Then you plug all your fans into this box. Then you run the iCUE software utility. It communicates with that box. It also gets info from your mobo about the CPU and mobo temperature sensors, and can get fan speed info from the box. The software takes over management of the fan motor speeds, and also of the fan lighting displays, conveying its instructions via the USB2 cable to the Lighting Node CORE box. So no mobo headers are involved in either of thse functions And the CORE box supplies all the power for both sets of functions to the fans plugged into it.

Thank you very much i didn't know that it could controll the speed aswell as the rgb