[SOLVED] What fan cpu should I get

Jun 4, 2020
I currently have an i5 7600k and was thinking of overclocking because, because. And also I have a 1050 2gb .($60 USD can go a little overboard, trying to overclock to a max of 4.8GHz with a little lower than 65 degrees Celsius) I have an old lga 1155 radiator and if I can fit, will a pump Tubing, etc. , would it fit the price tag* just the cpu*

Solution
I doubt you will be able to OC to 4.8GHz with temps under 65C considering voltages and temperatures increase exponentially when overclocking. You might be able to reach 4.8GHz, but it will also probably lie somewhere around high 80's to 90's under load. Keep in mind that 90C under load is not problematically hot, as CPU's are rated to work flawlessly up to 100C, but if it can be avoided, it's better, since spikes might cause thermal throttling.

After doing a bit of research, people seem to reach around 4.6GHz at mid 80's C.

When it comes to custom watercooling, leaks are only one part of the equation. Of course, you need to make sure it doesn't leak, but you also need specific coolant, or you will get nasty corrosion and a clogged...
I currently have an i5 7600k and was thinking of overclocking because, because. And also I have a 1050 2gb .($60 USD can go a little overboard, trying to overclock to a max of 4.8GHz with a little lower than 65 degrees Celsius) I have an old lga 1155 radiator and if I can fit, will a pump Tubing, etc. , would it fit the price tag* just the cpu*
All 11xx socket cooler mounts are compatible with each other.

AtNvme

Honorable
Sep 2, 2015
www.twitch.tv
I doubt you will be able to OC to 4.8GHz with temps under 65C considering voltages and temperatures increase exponentially when overclocking. You might be able to reach 4.8GHz, but it will also probably lie somewhere around high 80's to 90's under load. Keep in mind that 90C under load is not problematically hot, as CPU's are rated to work flawlessly up to 100C, but if it can be avoided, it's better, since spikes might cause thermal throttling.

After doing a bit of research, people seem to reach around 4.6GHz at mid 80's C.

When it comes to custom watercooling, leaks are only one part of the equation. Of course, you need to make sure it doesn't leak, but you also need specific coolant, or you will get nasty corrosion and a clogged pump or tubes, which may or may not explode at some point.

I would recomment getting an AIO, you can get good ones for 60$USD, like https://www.newegg.com/cooler-maste...system/p/N82E16835103252?Item=N82E16835103252.

If you really want to try and make a custom watercooling loop, you should know that it will most likely cost more than 65$.

EDIT:
In the case that by "old lga 1155 radiator" you mean an old full watercooling AIO kit, it will fit. But make sure it's not damaged, as AIO kits are usually only rated for around 5 years of use before they start "leaking".

Last edited:
Solution