[SOLVED] What fan must I select in this case?

Toni Vicente

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013
Hi, recently I sold my last pc componentes to a friend. He only want use office app, google earth, video, email, office suit, videoconference. He have actually this Intel E5200, 2500 MHz, 2GB DDR2 and Win- XP, he was unable to do various common things like browsing in certains pages, having outdated and non-upgradeable browser versions due to XP.

I must upgrade their PC with my parts:
QuadCore Intel Core i5-4670 3600 MHz (36 x 100)
Hyper T4
MSI H87M-P33 (MS-7817)
G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x8 GB
Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 2Gb windforce 3x
Aerocool Templarius 550w Bronze 80 Plus.

With Covid I must pick their case and actually I only have photos, He can't spend much money and for the purpose that he is going to give it is not worth it either.

I think that is a bad case (PSU up, etc), worse for GTX760. I suspect it does not have a side or front fan. I don't know if the side is for a size 80 or 120 fan.

When I can bring the case and assemble it I will be able to see temperatures, but I wanted to get in before so as not to leave him long time without a PC.
Is necessary the side fan? What recommend you to fresh air? Secondarily, if it can be silent. In summer here the indoor ambiance temp is 24º/75.2ºF - 27º/80.6F

Wvd6sOq.jpg

HvAG5D5.jpg

VwWT0sW.jpg

Thank you! Sorry for my english.

Solution
Your English is fine.

Depends on the overall airflows that will be established when you rebuild the computer.

My suggestion is to pick up the case, clean out dust and debris, reinstall the new components, test the system, and then determine if there are heat related problems.

Key is to know what you are working with overall. Another fan may not even be necessary.

And if a fan is indeed proven necessary, having the system there, in front of you, will certainly be helpful towards what additional fan may be necessary and where to place the fan. You can make measurements (80, 120) and plan accordingly.

Ralston18

Titan
Your English is fine.

Depends on the overall airflows that will be established when you rebuild the computer.

My suggestion is to pick up the case, clean out dust and debris, reinstall the new components, test the system, and then determine if there are heat related problems.

Key is to know what you are working with overall. Another fan may not even be necessary.

And if a fan is indeed proven necessary, having the system there, in front of you, will certainly be helpful towards what additional fan may be necessary and where to place the fan. You can make measurements (80, 120) and plan accordingly.

Reactions: Toni Vicente
Solution
@Toni Vicente
The applications he wants to uses will not create a lot of heat. The video card will no do much (Google Earth will use it the most). You might even want to just go with onboard graphics. As long as the case has a rear fan, I think you would be fine. It looks like the case would use 80 mm fans, but it might be a 60 mm ... especially the side. I would bring one of each.

Toni Vicente

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013
@Ralston18 @anotherdrew Sorry for delay, today I could pick up the case.

• The case haven't any case fan, and they are to 80mm fans.
  • Graphic card get in 3.5" HD bays, didn't have enough space to large graphics card.
  • Side panel can be closed, CPU coler is touching or near touching the side panel. Can't get a 80mm fan because don't have space with cpu cooler.
Pictures here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13D-fG9o0Bj_W5Im-itYamPrTfwR0tGai?usp=sharing

Then, I say to him to buy a 80mm fan or buy a case around of 40€?
dIegAva.png

Ralston18

Titan
The key for you, as a starting point, is to obtain and read the User Guide/Manual for the case.

Then do the same for the motherboard and all intended components.

Basically you must come up with your installation/assembly plan based on the components being installed and their respective manufacturer's recommendations and expectations.

Pay attention to the fine print and any "online" references back to the manufacturer's website.

If some component is not going to work or otherwise not viable then you must revise your build.

Some extra time spent planning the build, checking out component compatibilities is to your benefit.

Toni Vicente

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013
Well, looking to save a bit to offer it a PNY 120GB ssd and 120mm fan ... I was hesitating between Nox Hummer ZS and Cooler master, but I think that I go to cooler master, both have 5,25" bay, but CM have more mesh front surface, 1 cooler master fan included, Up 2x 140mm front fan. I going to buy an ARCTIC P12 PWM too.

I wish I had marked several responses as best responses. 😊

Last edited: