Question what fan setup is the optimum

Dec 22, 2019
case: masterbox q300l
mobo : asrock b450m steel legend
cpu : r5 2600x

I bought four of these fans https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arctic-P12..._2?keywords=arctic+fans&qid=1580062861&sr=8-2

The thing is I dont think this motherboard has 5 case fan headers can someone tell me? My case has a rear exhaust fan. If it has 4 is it best that I swap the case fan out with one of these arctic fans.

If I only have the option to get four fans in this case shall I do one rear exhaust, two front intake and for the top fan shall i do intake or exhaust as some people say the VRM on this board are bad

Ferimer

Distinguished
Put two on the front for sure for intake, one on the rear for exhaust and one on top for sure for exhaust, check to see if you can place one on the bottom for cooler air intake unless its sitting on a carpet or something then don't bother. you don't want more exhaust vans than intake as that will create a negative pressure ideally you want a neutral pressure by making sure you have even airflow usually a Front to back and bottom to top air flow is perfect. In other words if you can place a fan on the bottom place that for intake, 2 on the front for intake and one on top for exhaust and one on the back for exhaust and you should be fine

Dec 22, 2019
yes I did GSCE science hot air rises. Alright I dont have enough fan headers and dont want to mess with splitters for now so im doing 1 rear 1 top (both exhaust) 2 front (intake). any solution for how to make the back of my case cooler? no airflow to it and its hot there

TRENDING THREADS