Question What fans and what case to get?

LGG

Nov 20, 2019
My motherboard is an Msi B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC and I am not sure what case to get, I want good RGB in it, and good airflow, my budget is about 80 bucks 10 euros less or more, and I live in france, next to switzerland though so I can also use german websites. I was thinking and looking between Deepcool Matrexx 55 (3 fans included) or Corsair Spec-Delta RGB or even a budget case and then I can buy RGB fans to add on later, I don't know, please help.

Lutfij

Titan
Your board has 6 fan headers so I'm wondering if you'd like to populate all 6 of them. If I were you, I'd look into a PWM fan hub and in turn look at PWM fans to pair it with and then have that plugged into the CPU_Fan header or any other fan header that works as PWM that way you get to manage all the fans off one header on the board.

Now about your case, that will be swayed by what you have to stuff inside said case. What are your system's specs looking like as of now? List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

LGG

Nov 20, 2019
  • Ryzen 5 2600 or 2600x
  • Msi Carbon AC
  • Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 Mhz
  • Crucial P1 M.2 (500gb) and Seagate Barracuda 2.5" or 3.5" 1Tb
  • Msi Ventus XS OC 6gb 1660 Ti
  • Corsair RM650x
Isn't the chassis what we're looking for lol?

LGG

Nov 20, 2019
My motherboard is an Msi B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC and I am not sure what case to get, I want good RGB in it, and good airflow, my budget is about 80 bucks 10 euros less or more, and I live in france, next to switzerland though so I can also use german websites. I was thinking and looking between Deepcool Matrexx 55 (3 fans included) or Corsair Spec-Delta RGB or even a budget case and then I can buy RGB fans to add on later, I don't know, please help.

These are my parts along with a CPU cooler Arctic 34 esports duo
  • Ryzen 5 2600 or 2600x
  • Msi Carbon AC
  • Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 Mhz
  • Crucial P1 M.2 (500gb) and Seagate Barracuda 2.5" or 3.5" 1Tb
  • Msi Ventus XS OC 6gb 1660 Ti
  • Corsair RM650x

Lutfij

Titan
Your thread isn't dead, you just need to be patient for responses from the community. To add to my previous post, you shouldn't be leaning heavily towards how many fans are bundled with the case. If that were the case, there are plenty of cases that bundle as many fans as there are mounting locations for said fans on Aliexpress or the likes. To keep things from costing too much makers often bundle bad quality fans with the case.

If you're looking for a quality built case, I'd suggest looking at Fractal's lineup but 80USD(since you mentioned bucks) won't get you there.

Here are a few more options:
https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/product/pZfFf7/be-quiet-pure-base-500-atx-mid-tower-case-bgw34
https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/product/pwzFf7/metallic-gear-neo-air-atx-mid-tower-case-mg-ne520a_bk01

Boils down to what you want your case to have and if you want to hold onto case for a long time, what you plan the case to do for you in the future(like watercooling support or more storage options).

Last edited:

LGG

Nov 20, 2019
Both look great thanks (btw sorry about that didn't mean to be rude), sorry, by bucks I just meant currency, and so my absolute hishest budget is 90 euros, including fans and case, whether they be separate or not, and I was looking mainly towards RGB fans, so the BeQuiet one is actually really nice looking, and do you think I can fit two or three fans at front? And if you have any new recommendations with the specific budget I've given you I'd really appreciate everything, thanks a lot for spending your time looking for cases again, really appreciate it.

LGG

Nov 20, 2019
By the way also looking for RAM suggestions, preferably RGB ram, and I am willing to change from corsair, but wondering if corsair is the best?