AristosT

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2015
Hello, I would like to ask you what fans should I put at the top of my case. I was thinking about putting 2 x Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM 140mm as exhaust at the top. Would it be better if I put them as intake? Is there a better fan than Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM 140mm top case fan? ( And cost less than 50 euros/dollars). My PC Case is a Phanteks P600S, and there are 3 140mm fans in front as intake, and 1 exhaust fan in the back of the case, those 4 fans came with the case. I'm also using a Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler. Thanks for your help and advice in advance.

Solution
If there's no thermal issues, you're better off leaving it empty.
Putting fans up there should improve gpu thermals, but will hurt cpu thermals.

Top intake works well in few scenarios, all revolving around what the cooler on the gpu is:
-blower
-hybrid cooled
-custom liquid

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Top intake works well in few scenarios, all revolving around what the cooler on the gpu is:
-blower
-hybrid cooled
-custom liquid

Solution

AristosT

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2015

-blower
-hybrid cooled
-custom liquid
There are no thermal issues, just me wanting to improve overall airflow and lower possible temperatures. I see, so unless I mount a radiator up top, I should leave it empty, correct?
Edit: The cooler on the GPU is 3 stock fans, I haven't changed anything on it, the GPU is a 3090 MSI GAMING X TRIO

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
There are no thermal issues, just me wanting to improve overall airflow and lower possible temperatures. I see, so unless I mount a radiator up top, I should leave it empty, correct?
Yes.
A radiator on a hybrid cooler has it's own sets of pros and cons and isn't necessarily better here.

The part that benefits the most from top fans is the 3090, and since it's running fine, there's no real need to do anything else right now.

AristosT

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2015
Yes.
A radiator on a hybrid cooler has it's own sets of pros and cons and isn't necessarily better here.

The part that benefits the most from top fans is the 3090, and since it's running fine, there's no real need to do anything else right now.
Alright then, thank you for your advice and help, much appreciated!! :D