What fittings to get for an NZXT H440 watercooled

asyed862

Reputable
May 15, 2015
So I decided to purchase watercooling parts for my PC build, but I find it very confusing. I do not know what to buy so I came here for help. Here are my parts (haven't bought them yet).

i7 6700K
MSI Z170 Krait Gaming
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+ (2-way SLI)
NZXT H440/Phanteks enthoo Luxe (haven't decided yet)

Can any of you please pick all the watercooling parts for me? I'm looking to use soft tubing. I know I might be asking for a lot, and I might look lazy but I have researched a lot but i don't really understand what to buy. (Oh and I'm looking for EK waterblocks and Bitspower fittings.)
Thanks

Solution

The Enthoo Luxe will be much easier to build in because personally the Phanteks cases are meant for watercooling (I used an Enthoo Primo for...

CerealBox21

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015

The Enthoo Luxe will be much easier to build in because personally the Phanteks cases are meant for watercooling (I used an Enthoo Primo for mine)

Your basic parts needed when watercooling (CPU & GPU) are:
Waterblocks
Pump
Reservoir
Radiator(s)
Fittings
Tubing

The end result wanted when building a watercooled PC is to have a complete loop or cycle.
Waterblocks are very simple, they are pieces of metal (Usually copper or nickel) that go on top of your CPU & GPU as a way for water to move across the core and take the heat out.

For your 980 Tis: EK-FC Titan X/GTX980 Ti Waterblock - Acetal (x2) You could also get a backplate for about $30 there are some cooling benefits, but it is not entirely necessary.

For the i7 6700K, I'm assuming you plan to overclock it because otherwise buying the unlocked version is pointless. For buying a waterblock for the CPU, you just have to make sure it is able to fit the socket type. For LGA 1151 sockets, they use the same mounting/spacing pattern as LGA 1150 & 1155. Therefore if it says it's compatible with those sockets then it will be compatible with LGA 1151. Use this for your CPU block: EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block - Copper/Plexi

The pump is used to move the water from the reservoir (which stores the water) throughout the system. To make matters simpler, I'd recommend a pump/res combo like this one: EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 PWM (incl. pump)

Radiators are used to transfer heat from the water and dissipate it into the air. Two 980 Tis will be sufficiently cooled by a 360mm radiator like this one: EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) because it has a high fin density and is relatively thick. For your CPU I'd recommend an EK-CoolStream CE 280 (Dual)

Fittings are entirely dependent on how you plan to set up your loop. You don't have to get angled fittings (I didn't) but it does aesthetically look more pleasing and make routing the tube much easier so I'm going to send you straight fittings like these: Bitspower Premium G1/4" Shiny Silver High Flow 3/8" (5/8") Compression Fitting Ultimate x12 (always good to have a little extra)
To connect your GPU blocks together you'll need a what's called an SLI Terminal, that allows flow of water between your two GPUs and the rest of your loop. I'd recommend this one: EK-FC Terminal DUAL Parallel 3-Slot - Acetal

When it comes to tubing (soft) you just have to make sure the dimensions are the same as your compression fittings. So if you're getting 3/8" x 5/8" fittings then you get 3/8" x 5/8" tubing. PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 10ft Tubing - 3/8in. ID X 5/8in. OD - Crystal Clear is a good choice, and I'd get 2 because you can never have too much.

Hopefully this helps and if you have any questions, please ask!

Solution

asyed862

Reputable
May 15, 2015
Thank you so much cerealbox. Really great explanation there. I looked up the Enthoo Luxe and I think I'll be going with that case. One thing I'm worried about though is reservoir mounting. I'm not sure there is enough clearance in that case so I'm thinking about going with the Enthoo Primo and using rigid tubing. This is my first time building a PC and I don't have a lot of hands on experience so I don't think I'll bend the tubing just use 90 degree compression fittings and such. All I'm asking for is your personal opinion on this. Also, do you think I should be getting 980 Tis now? Nvidia Pascal GPUs are apparently right around the corner and I don't want to spend 1200$ on graphics cards and regret it when the new '1080' will offer more performance at a lower cost.

CerealBox21

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015

There is a lot more room in the primo and it is well worth the money. Good choice there :D

Since this is your first time building a PC, let alone watercool. I'd go with soft tubing because it's easy to bend, and set up. There's a lot more room for mistakes when it comes to routing the tubing. However, if you are so inclined in the future once you get more experience hands on with computers you could make the switch to hard line (rigid).

As for the graphics card, if you can wait a month to build your computer, do so. The reason being is because once the 1080 comes out there will be benchmarks that can be used as a better source of judgment to determine 980 Ti or 1080. Final note, you might have to wait a little longer for the waterblock for the 1080 to come out anyways.

asyed862

Reputable
May 15, 2015

Thanks so much man. I really appreciate the quick help. I think I'm going to go with soft tubing in the enthoo primo and wait for pascal.

CerealBox21

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015

Glad I could help! :) Welcome to the PC Master Race lol

Here's some videos I used to help me watercool my PC:

How to Watercool Your Graphics Card: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu0eyKfpw3w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUo8EBZ78rk

ULTIMATE Watercooling Build Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtHDqdo5pR0

The best tip that I personally can give is to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. Best of luck mate.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS