what flight sim allows this

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

i want a sim that lets you shove a joystick up a passengers anusThis
is not an odd request lots of people want this... if theres a
disgruntled passenger they get the stick up the anus!

I second this suggestion. :}

"Melissa" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 11:32:46 -0800, Melissa wrote:

> This should work nicely for you:
>
> Boot up from a floppy, then from the command prompt, type:
>
> format c:
>
> Then, some ridiculous warning might show up with a y/n option. Type:

> Then: <enter>
>
> I hope this helps! :)

I never knew you were such an expert at these things, Melissa. ;-)

--

Marcel
(Gear up, AP engaged...hey...what's that emergency light?)

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 13:02:12 -0800, Melissa wrote:

> Actually, when I had Win98SE, then WinME for a while, I did have to
> learn a useful trick or two in order to recover from my ignorant
> tinkering brought on by my sometimes dangerous curiosity. :)

I have those moments too...I call them 'colleagues'. :)

These are people that bought their first pc three years ago, heard the word
BIOS, found out how to access it and then the proverbial poo-poo hit the
fan!

--

Marcel
(...flying through an asteroid field ain't like dusting crops, boy!)

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 20:10:01 +0100, Marcel Kuijper
<zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I never knew you were such an expert at these things, Melissa. ;-)

Hi Marcel

Melissa admitted that she didn't know a great deal about video cards
and the like.

She said nothing about not being an evil software fiend. :-0

James

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:13:13 -0800, Lawn Dart
<willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:

>I've learned quite a bit in just these past few days, but still, I'm
>at the point where I only feel comfortable with hardware if I can
>collect advice and comments from people much more knowledgeable than
>I am in this regard; and it's not very difficult to find people with
>much more hardware knowledge and experience than I have! :)

Seems to me like the best way to do it.

James

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:08:07 -0800, Lawn Dart wrote:

Hiya Melissa...err Lawn Dart! :)

LOL!!!
You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you listened to a
crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :)

> I have an old 386 notebook computer from 1994 (it was called a
> "laptop" back then) with DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1 on it, but that
> machine has never been connected to the Internet, as I just used it
> for writing and playing chess. And though I've had an "Internet"
> computer for just over five years now, and I'm pretty comfortable
> mucking about with software, including the OS itself, I'm still very
> afraid of messing with the BIOS. Even when someone mentioned a BIOS
> tweak that might help improve fs9 performance, I decided to leave the
> BIOS alone. :)

I have a year old notebook and still call it a laptop.
Why did they change that anyway?

Anyway....it's the only computer I have in the house of which I've never
accessed the BIOS. And that's only because it's a completely different
piece of technology than the regular computers I've built.
Adding hardware is out of the question for me.
You could just have a look in the BIOS and study the various options.
There's always the possibility of exiting it without saving any changes you
might have accidentally made.

> I have, only once as I recall, gone into the BIOS to adjust one thing,
> but that was only with *very* explicit instructions in hand.
> Otherwise, I've left it alone.

That's always the best way to do it....using printed instructions.
I once downloaded a program, can't remember which one that was but it was a
long time ago, and during the install I got a message box on the screen
instructing me to adjust some of the BIOS settings according to the 'read
me' file. Yeah right! And now you're gone, program!

--

Marcel
(Q: What do you do when Stormtroopers look for you?

Hi Marcel,

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:41:50 +0100, you wrote:

> Hiya Melissa...err Lawn Dart! :)

> LOL!!! You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you
> listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :)

Hee hee! The "call sign" has indeed grown on me (thanks Dallas!), and
after "Sparrow", who's opinion on everything aeronautical I respect
without reservation, expressed a liking for the "call sign", I've
decided to accept my fate and be forevermore known to the simulated
flight community as "Lawn Dart". :)

Perhaps if I ever do acquire my own "real world" flying contraption
(be it a "real" plane or "ultralight"), I may indeed have to have my
"Lawn Dart" call sign affixed to it. Sort of like the long since
grounded "Kiwi Airlines" (a name I thought was absolutely wonderful
for an airline, considering at least one of its possible meanings!).
;-)

>> I have an old 386 notebook computer from 1994 (it was called a
>> "laptop" back then)...

> I have a year old notebook and still call it a laptop.
> Why did they change that anyway?

And who are "they" anyway, to go about willy nilly changing names of
this or that?! :) Of course, come to think of it, I rarely ever
actually put the little computer on my lap, as it just wasn't the
most comfortable position from which to type. :)

> You could just have a look in the BIOS and study the various
> options. There's always the possibility of exiting it without
> saving any changes you might have accidentally made.

I have thought about that, and may indeed do it someday, but the BIOS
is something so scary to me that if I really have no great need to go
into it, I'll simply avoid dealing with it at all...just to be "extra
safe". :)

> I once downloaded a program, can't remember which one that was but
> it was a long time ago, and during the install I got a message box
> on the screen instructing me to adjust some of the BIOS settings
> according to the 'read me' file. Yeah right! And now you're gone,
> program!

This seems a reasonable enough approach to me! :) After all, what it
adjustments to the BIOS have the desired effect on the program in
question, but affects other things in a not so desired way? Knowing
as little as I do about the BIOS, unless the program very explicitly
explained any and all possible "side effects" of such an adjustment,
I would be wary of just going ahead with such a thing just to satisfy
one program.

- --
Melissa

PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

crash

Marcel Kuijper wrote:

> You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you listened to
> a crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :)

I think we need a write in campaign to change Dallas to something like
"Texas Flytrap", or something else aprapos!!

CRaSH

BTW - where is the varmit? On vacation on some exotic island again??

Hi Lawn Dart,
So I guess it's safe to say you'll never flash your Bios to the latest
version. hehe
Tom
heh couldn't resist... :eek:)

Lawn Dart wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:41:50 +0100, you wrote:
>

>>Hiya Melissa...err Lawn Dart! :)
>

>>LOL!!! You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you
>>listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :)
>

> Hee hee! The "call sign" has indeed grown on me (thanks Dallas!), and
> after "Sparrow", who's opinion on everything aeronautical I respect
> without reservation, expressed a liking for the "call sign", I've
> decided to accept my fate and be forevermore known to the simulated
> flight community as "Lawn Dart". :)
>
> Perhaps if I ever do acquire my own "real world" flying contraption
> (be it a "real" plane or "ultralight"), I may indeed have to have my
> "Lawn Dart" call sign affixed to it. Sort of like the long since
> grounded "Kiwi Airlines" (a name I thought was absolutely wonderful
> for an airline, considering at least one of its possible meanings!).
> ;-)
>

>>>I have an old 386 notebook computer from 1994 (it was called a
>>>"laptop" back then)...
>

>>I have a year old notebook and still call it a laptop.
>>Why did they change that anyway?
>

> And who are "they" anyway, to go about willy nilly changing names of
> this or that?! :) Of course, come to think of it, I rarely ever
> actually put the little computer on my lap, as it just wasn't the
> most comfortable position from which to type. :)
>

>>You could just have a look in the BIOS and study the various
>>options. There's always the possibility of exiting it without
>>saving any changes you might have accidentally made.
>

> I have thought about that, and may indeed do it someday, but the BIOS
> is something so scary to me that if I really have no great need to go
> into it, I'll simply avoid dealing with it at all...just to be "extra
> safe". :)
>

>>I once downloaded a program, can't remember which one that was but
>>it was a long time ago, and during the install I got a message box
>>on the screen instructing me to adjust some of the BIOS settings
>>according to the 'read me' file. Yeah right! And now you're gone,
>>program!
>

> This seems a reasonable enough approach to me! :) After all, what it
> adjustments to the BIOS have the desired effect on the program in
> question, but affects other things in a not so desired way? Knowing
> as little as I do about the BIOS, unless the program very explicitly
> explained any and all possible "side effects" of such an adjustment,
> I would be wary of just going ahead with such a thing just to satisfy
> one program.
>
> - --
> Melissa
>
> PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

--

Life is a toilet bowl...
With regular flushing it stays clean....

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 14:14:11 GMT, James Hodson wrote:

> Melissa admitted that she didn't know a great deal about video cards
> and the like.
>
> She said nothing about not being an evil software fiend. :-0

He shoots....he scores!
:)

I believe everyone has hidden talents...and I think she has several.

--

Marcel
(Any landing you walk away from, wasn't done by Melissa! <g>)

"CRaSH" wrote:

> I think we need a write in campaign to change Dallas to something like
> "Texas Flytrap", or something else aprapos!!

I'm all for it....

> CRaSH
>
> BTW - where is the varmit? On vacation on some exotic island again??

I was just thinking about that last night.
You'd think the r&r he got on Bora Bora would be enough to last him and
the lil missus a lifetime
I guess some people aren't satisfied as quickly as others. ;-)

Marcel

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:30:28 -0800, Lawn Dart wrote:
> This seems a reasonable enough approach to me! :) After all, what it
> adjustments to the BIOS have the desired effect on the program in
> question, but affects other things in a not so desired way?

That's why in every BIOS I've ever looked at, there's a "Reset Default"
option... just in case the operator really screws things up... ;)

Bill

Hi Crash,

"BTW - where is the varmit? On vacation on some exotic island again??"

ROTFL!!!! :)))

Fair dinkum, mate, you totally crack me up, in the nicest possible way,
of course!!

I don't suppose "the varmit" would mind it being known that he's
attending a Wedding, and then a spot of skiing....

I totally agree, it sounds like a tough job to me, too, but I suppose
someone has to make the sacrifice and do it!?!?

Geeze, I'm still laughing from your post - you're a Classic, mate!!

Regards,
John Ward
"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> Marcel Kuijper wrote:
>
> > You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you listened to
> > a crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :)
> >

> I think we need a write in campaign to change Dallas to something like
> "Texas Flytrap", or something else aprapos!!
>
> CRaSH
>
> BTW - where is the varmit? On vacation on some exotic island again??

Pearler, mate!! :))

John
"Tom56" <buzz56@removethis.rogers.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> > adjustments to the BIOS have the desired effect on the program in
> > question, but affects other things in a not so desired way? Knowing
> > as little as I do about the BIOS, unless the program very explicitly
> > explained any and all possible "side effects" of such an adjustment,
> > I would be wary of just going ahead with such a thing just to satisfy
> > one program.
> >
> > - --
> > Melissa
> >
> > PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

> --
>

> Life is a toilet bowl...
> With regular flushing it stays clean....
> Linux user #251744...
> http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=26885

Hi Marcel,

"I can't believe you listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of

Why on earth not, mate - after all, nearly as many people listen to him
as they do to you??

Regards,
John Ward

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:46:36 +1000, John Ward wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> "I can't believe you listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of
> Dallas. :)"
>
> Why on earth not, mate - after all, nearly as many people listen to him
> as they do to you??

Yeah...but everybody knows you can't take a crazy Dutchman seriously. ;-)

--

Marcel
(Q: What do you do when Stormtroopers look for you?
A: Lock the doors. And hope they don't have blasters!)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Marcel Kuijper wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:46:36 +1000, John Ward wrote:
>

>>Hi Marcel,
>>
>> "I can't believe you listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of
>>Dallas. :)"
>>
>> Why on earth not, mate - after all, nearly as many people listen to him
>>as they do to you??
>

> Yeah...but everybody knows you can't take a crazy Dutchman seriously. ;-)

Dalli just returned from this years Rattlesnake Roundup. Many people
head out into the desert and in among the cedar to flush these guy out
of their hiding places.

It also reminded me to get the shotgun out and go hunting on our
property. I've killed two 5 - 6 foot Rattlers both while walking a dog
in the middle of the night and some workmen killed one small guy. It
costs over $1000.00 here to treat dogs bitten by these guys and there's
no guarantee to dog will live. In fact the odds are against survival.
Treatment for me if I'm bitten is free so Id rather get it instead of
one of the dogs.

http://xs19.xs.to/pics/05105/snake01.jpg

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
> It also reminded me to get the shotgun out and go hunting on our
> property. I've killed two 5 - 6 foot Rattlers both while walking a dog
> in the middle of the night

I'll be going to the "grandaddy" Sweetwater roundup this weekend to see what
all the fuss is about.

I catch rattlers live and relocate them vs. killing them (in general; recent
studies show at least adult rattlesnakes do not adapt well after relocation
away from their "home turf," so I might just start eating them). The dog of
our house's previous owner died from snakebite, and a neighbor's dog got
bitten on the head, which "swole up like a basketball." All I've seen here
so far is a decent-size bullsnake.
--
Chris
http://www.mcmartinville.com

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Chris McMartin wrote:

The dog of
> our house's previous owner died from snakebite, and a neighbor's dog got
> bitten on the head, which "swole up like a basketball." All I've seen here
> so far is a decent-size bullsnake.

Before I learned the difference I killed a rat snake out in the front
yard. The coloring looked more like a moccasin. But since then I take
the harmless snakes back behind us into the thick woods. I only move
them because we have a couple dogs that would kill them.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)