[SOLVED] What FPS Should I be expecting with a Ryzen 7 1800x and a 1080ti Aorus Xtreme?

thomas360mobi

Honorable
Jan 4, 2018
Hi all, first post in a while. I recently got back into gta 5 and I do think that it isn't running how it should. At 1080p. 2666mhz ram, 750w PSU. First off, I know it isn't overheating if there is a problem. CPU <41C and GPU <65C

With everything maxed, including advanced settings and MSAA on 8x, I will get from 60fps to 114. This framerate is very "iffy" it will sometimes be at 100fps fine, then drop to 60 seconds later. Constantly hitting "LIM VOLTAGE" in MSI AB. CPU remains at 3.7ghz, despite being at 40C. Frametime between 7 and 16 ms.

With msaa and advanced settigns all off, I get 80 to 140 (in a tunnel) again, the framerate is "iffy" and drops randomly (no stutters in any of these tests i should point out). Also again, LIM VOLTAGE and 3.7ghz, cpu drawing 58w. GPU maxing at 97% utilisation and hitting clocks of 2025mhz on the core, 5616 on memory. I am using about 9gb RAM, and 4gb VRAM.

With "Optimized" settings, the same as the last but with Normal grass, High PostFX and "Softer" shadows. Water quality is on High too. MSAA off. I get 99 to 130fps (100 driving around) Frametime, 7.8 to 13.2 ms. GPU is much less utilised, at around 50% along with the CPU around 40 to 45%. LIM VOLTAGE again. CPU isn't boosting, same temps. GPU is boosting to 2025 again. Not quite as varied this time, usually changes when you expect it to. The gpu seems to chug through this quite easily.

This game is installed on a 970 Evo M.2 SSD. Are these framerates what i should be expecting, or better? Game is unmodded I should mention. If you want any more details, please ask!

Many thanks, Tom.

Solution
Hi all, first post in a while. I recently got back into gta 5 and I do think that it isn't running how it should. At 1080p. 2666mhz ram, 750w PSU. First off, I know it isn't overheating if there is a problem. CPU <41C and GPU <65C

With everything maxed, including advanced settings and MSAA on 8x, I will get from 60fps to 114. This framerate is very "iffy" it will sometimes be at 100fps fine, then drop to 60 seconds later. Constantly hitting "LIM VOLTAGE" in MSI AB. CPU remains at 3.7ghz, despite being at 40C. Frametime between 7 and 16 ms.

With msaa and advanced settigns all off, I get 80 to 140 (in a tunnel) again, the framerate is "iffy" and drops randomly (no stutters in any of these tests i should point out). Also again, LIM...

With msaa and advanced settigns all off, I get 80 to 140 (in a tunnel) again, the framerate is "iffy" and drops randomly (no stutters in any of these tests i should point out). Also again, LIM VOLTAGE and 3.7ghz, cpu drawing 58w. GPU maxing at 97% utilisation and hitting clocks of 2025mhz on the core, 5616 on memory. I am using about 9gb RAM, and 4gb VRAM.

With "Optimized" settings, the same as the last but with Normal grass, High PostFX and "Softer" shadows. Water quality is on High too. MSAA off. I get 99 to 130fps (100 driving around) Frametime, 7.8 to 13.2 ms. GPU is much less utilised, at around 50% along with the CPU around 40 to 45%. LIM VOLTAGE again. CPU isn't boosting, same temps. GPU is boosting to 2025 again. Not quite as varied this time, usually changes when you expect it to. The gpu seems to chug through this quite easily.

This game is installed on a 970 Evo M.2 SSD. Are these framerates what i should be expecting, or better? Game is unmodded I should mention. If you want any more details, please ask!

Many thanks, Tom.
You need to use Ryzen master and try to get an all core overclock to 4.0. While the 1st gen Ryzen were solid CPUs, the newer versions have made huge strides in IPC. Even a 3600 is a big jump from an 1800x in terms of gaming as mine will hit 4.4 easily. That’s a 700mhz gain and at least 20-30% IPC gain over your 1800x as it is now. You can close the gap a bit with another 300mhz but you might be better off selling that 1800x if you can and looking for a Ryzen 3000 series.

Solution