Question What game pre-order(s) have you canceled, why did you cancel, and are you glad you did ?

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Tell your tale of a game(s) you pre-ordered but canceled and why. Are you glad you did?

I'll start off with two that come to mind.

Most recently was Star Wars Outlaws on PC. I think I saw at best rumors that it wasn't going to be what they hyped it up to be. As more and more early reviews hit I realized I dodged an expensive bullet. I don't regret canceling this at all as the hardware demands are outrageous for the visuals put out and the mixed reception makes it very unclear if it is actually any good or not. So I'll wait for an inevitable sale.

The second I can think of was Yooka-Laylee. People who got codes early or whatever the case was were reporting that it was big ridden and just a subpar game. I didn't technically cancel the preorder because I was locked in but did pre-sell the codes (ordered 2 for me and brother) before It was released and took a loss.
Eventually I purchased it and it was still mess (still is today) and a mediocre game. Now they are doing a rerelease without having fixed the original (and not for free) so I can unequivocally say I do NOT regret canceling it. It would have been a waste and I feel like the $1 or $2 I spend a few years later still wasn't worth the cost.