What games are you playing with your killer rigs?

shaft

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004
Hey guys, in the last year I caught up on all the good games that interested me and were released in the last 5-6 years

I've come to the point where there isn't much else to play, and I know that there are people with 2-10k PCs, and it had me wondering, what games are you guys playing?

Solution
All the gal games being released on steam finally..... JK.
All sorts really, FFXIV ARR and it's next expansion coming out soon.
GTA V
Elite Dangerous
Warframe (cause the grind)
Hyper Dimensional Neptunia Rebirth mk1 on steam cause it is a f***ing amazing RPG.

Vosgy

Honorable
Nov 24, 2014
All the gal games being released on steam finally..... JK.
All sorts really, FFXIV ARR and it's next expansion coming out soon.
GTA V
Elite Dangerous
Warframe (cause the grind)
Hyper Dimensional Neptunia Rebirth mk1 on steam cause it is a f***ing amazing RPG.

Solution
Things i play a lot of lately could be run on a pretty low end rig, those include Robocraft, Quake live, Re-playing fallout 3 currently with some graphical mods. I find most of the new FPS games like BF series, COD, Crysis to have a pointless single player campaign that leave me bored, and cutscenes and forced direction through the game are like watching a movie more than playing a game.

Minecraft (FTB), Nuclear Throne, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, GTA V, and Factorio. Played the new version of DS2 (Scholar of the First Sin) when it came out. Got Elite: Dangerous installed but too much of a chore to play it. Lords of the Fallen occasionally. Was playing X3:AP fairly recently but got bored of it, just doesn't hook me like it used to.

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
I have a rig with i7 4790 gtx 980 and 16gigs of ram. I've recently played: lords of the fallen, gta 5 both were good to play them through once, i even play a little GTA Online, but kinda boring for me.

I'm definitely going to play The Witcher 3 on ultra setting 1080p. I'm brave enough to say i think it will be the best game ever made. best graphics, best gameplay, best atmosphere I can't wait...

shaft

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004

I'm definitely looking forward to TW3, but after the huge disappointment that was Dragon Age Inquisition with its more "open world" anything can happen.

shaft

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004
Oh to anyone wondering what games I caught up on in the last year

Bioshock 1 + Infinite
Hl2 + Episodes
Max Payne 3
Witcher 2
Half-Life 2
Skyrim
Tomb Raider
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Crysis 2 + 3
Dragon Age Inquis

with Deus Ex being basically the threshold of what I consider playable, Crysis 2 + 3 and Dragon Age I really had to force myself into playing, and TW2 being the biggest disappointment of the "catch up."

I believe in CD Projekt and after TW3 i'm not sure what else there is for me to play

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
Dragon age inquisition didn't feel an open world game for me. Honestly it was a good game,fine graphics with a well written story and a lot of content and i really enjoyed playing it, but it was nothing like TW3. If i look at TW3 i see the game i always wanted to play. A deeply design open world RPG with all the fancy action moves, physixs and realistic graphics and of course a very weel written story.

And if the rumors and previews from beta versions are true then it will be very well optimized. some youtubers who played it at cdpr in poland said the game already runs on a solid 60fps ultra on a single 980 and there is a 3 weeks until release to address smaller performance issues and bugs. gopher says nvidia hair physix still needs optimization. I really hope they will get the maximum out of it and it will bring this overhyped glory to life.
Here is 2 of the previews if you want to watch and it will surely answer your doubt about the game beeing open world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_eRUq1PQPE ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94R0Ji39E68

TRENDING THREADS