Question What games can this iGPU run ?

None.

Not joking.

That iGPU is 12 years old, and it was pretty weak then. Now, that doesn't mean it can't do ANYTHING. Because, it can, but it's pretty old. Do you also have the motherboard and other hardware that goes with this CPU? If you have to buy other hardware to make this CPU useful, I would just not do that at all. Totally not worth it. Unless you want to use this for nothing more than running rather old offline software or really old games, on a really old operating system version, it is totally not worth your time to even mess with.

If it is just for fun, well, the games you can probably run are going to be games that are very light in nature and most probably need to be about five years or more old. Kind of depends on if you are only trying to use the iGPU, which, if that is the case, just going to be an exercise in frustration, or some other GPU WITH that CPU. Either way, probably not advisable unless it's only as a curiosity or hobby.

artk2219

Distinguished
I have an old i5 650 processor. It has an igpu but I don't know what games can it run. Please help

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K4jpA1gnXyrzNO9264mbWLEdSGeFBscM/view?usp=drivesdk

I've attached a info about it's igpu. Please refer.
CSGO at 720p low, Minecraft, hearthstone, league of legends 720p low, dota 2 720p low, Castle crashers, left 4 dead \ left 4 dead 2 at 720p low, tons of older games, simpler Indy games, you have tons of options. That said if you could find a gt 1030 or rx 550 for cheap they would be a huge upgrade.

Reactions: Tac 25
Those wouldn't be an "upgrade". It would be like, literally, 10x the performance. I seriously doubt the iGPU in that i5-650 could run ANY of the titles you mentioned, reliably, at even 30fps, on those titles. Maybe, but almost certainly, without doubt, not at 60. And if the resolution is more than 720p, as shown in the screenshot it is at 1080p, it's going to be even MUCH worse than that. Not going to happen unless you are running very old games with the most minimal expectations.

Jul 16, 2022
Acr
None.

Not joking.

That iGPU is 12 years old, and it was pretty weak then. Now, that doesn't mean it can't do ANYTHING. Because, it can, but it's pretty old. Do you also have the motherboard and other hardware that goes with this CPU? If you have to buy other hardware to make this CPU useful, I would just not do that at all. Totally not worth it. Unless you want to use this for nothing more than running rather old offline software or really old games, on a really old operating system version, it is totally not worth your time to even mess with.

If it is just for fun, well, the games you can probably run are going to be games that are very light in nature and most probably need to be about five years or more old. Kind of depends on if you are only trying to use the iGPU, which, if that is the case, just going to be an exercise in frustration, or some other GPU WITH that CPU. Either way, probably not advisable unless it's only as a curiosity or hobby.
Unfortunately this is my main pc..
I will probably buy a new one by this year's end... I just want to play something until then

Jul 16, 2022
CSGO at 720p low, Minecraft, hearthstone, league of legends 720p low, dota 2 720p low, Castle crashers, left 4 dead \ left 4 dead 2 at 720p low, tons of older games, simpler Indy games, you have tons of options. That said if you could find a gt 1030 or rx 550 for cheap they would be a huge upgrade.
Oh ok thanks

Jul 16, 2022
Those wouldn't be an "upgrade". It would be like, literally, 10x the performance. I seriously doubt the iGPU in that i5-650 could run ANY of the titles you mentioned, reliably, at even 30fps, on those titles. Maybe, but almost certainly, without doubt, not at 60. And if the resolution is more than 720p, as shown in the screenshot it is at 1080p, it's going to be even MUCH worse than that. Not going to happen unless you are running very old games with the most minimal expectations.
Oh 😣 ok

artk2219

Distinguished
I didn't say they'd play super well, you're right, probably around 30fps for many of them, but that's playable for many people. Castle crashers was originally an Xbox 360 game that needs a directx 9 card with 256mb ram, nota huge stretch for it to play well, hearthstone is a card game, atleast you could play don't starve or don't starve together, half life 2, retro games in general. Yes it's old, yes it's not amazing, but it's not totally useless and it can still play SOME games, just not many newer ones. That said, you need to upgrade to play anything newer, that's a very old platform, where are you located?

artk2219

Distinguished
Acr

Unfortunately this is my main pc..
I will probably buy a new one by this year's end... I just want to play something until then
Look at it this way, there are many games that are cheap or free, if it doesn't run well you could uninstall it or play it later on a more powerful machine. If it's the only machine you have what do you have to lose by trying?

Reactions: Nirmal Joshwin
Jul 16, 2022
I didn't say they'd play super well, you're right, probably around 30fps for many of them, but that's playable for many people. Castle crashers was originally an Xbox 360 game that needs a directx 9 card with 256mb ram, nota huge stretch for it to play well, hearthstone is a card game, atleast you could play don't starve or don't starve together, half life 2, retro games in general. Yes it's old, yes it's not amazing, but it's not totally useless and it can still play SOME games, just not many newer ones. That said, you need to upgrade to play anything newer, that's a very old platform, where are you located?
India

Reactions: artk2219
Jul 7, 2022
More like 480p or 360p low maybe at 30 FPS

Right, IF they had a 720p resolution. Since they don't, and they have a 1080p monitor, it's not even going to be that good even at the very lowest settings. If it will even play. For a lot of more modern titles it might not as it may not support the necessary DirectX API version. And changing the resolution to 720p on that 1080p display will make what is already going to look pretty terrible, look much worse. I just don't see this as being viable in any way without some kind of at least slightly more modern graphics card to go with it.

artk2219

Distinguished
Right, IF they had a 720p resolution. Since they don't, and they have a 1080p monitor, it's not even going to be that good even at the very lowest settings. If it will even play. For a lot of more modern titles it might not as it may not support the necessary DirectX API version. And changing the resolution to 720p on that 1080p display will make what is already going to look pretty terrible, look much worse. I just don't see this as being viable in any way without some kind of at least slightly more modern graphics card to go with it.

Sometimes its not about the look though, sometimes you just want to be able to play something even if it doesnt look the greatest, honestly its why games have settings sliders to begin with. I recently played Borderlands 3 on a Ryzen 2700u apu while traveling for a bit, yes it was 720p low at like 35 fps, on a 1080p screen, but when i was playing with friends in co-op i didnt even notice. I get that you give up visual fidelity but maybe you can at least play the game and hopefully get some enjoyment out of it. I mean the only other option is to not even bother and thats just a waste of hardware, especially with free titles, what do you have to lose by giving it a shot?

Giving up "visual fidelity" is one thing. Trying to play on an iGPU that is 12 years old, and was the very FIRST actual integrated graphics processor by Intel (So you can imagine that it was VERY basic indeed), and is about 13x lower performance than the GT 730, says it is definitely an understatement to say "it might not work as expected".

The bottom line is, there are technically probably NO graphics adapters out there that are discreet cards using the PCIe interface that perform worse than this iGPU. Sometimes the answer is, like it or not, no.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
if only the OP obtain at least a GT 1030 GDDR5, this situation would become better.

I'm not trying to be mean, but trying to "game" with this weak igpu is scraping the bottom of the barrel. There's really not much choice here except really old games.

artk2219

Distinguished
if only the OP obtain at least a GT 1030 GDDR5, this situation would become better.

I'm not trying to be mean, but trying to "game" with this weak igpu is scraping the bottom of the barrel. There's really not much choice here except really old games.

I agree, but again it's what they have so why not give it a go? I also agree they need an upgrade and that's something they have planned for the end of the year according to the OP. Also keep in mind the OP is in India, I don't know the market there, and we talk about gt 1030s, rx 550s, rx 460s, r7 240s, or gtx 750 ti's like they're water, and they may be wherever we are, but it's not the case everywhere. Saving up for an upgrade can take a while, and may not be as inexpensive for some as it is for others. There are still some options even for a GPU that under powered, and why not give it a go if it's what you have anyway? Don't expect spectacular results, but you don't really lose anything by trying.

Reactions: hotaru.hino
Jul 16, 2022
I also can switch to a 768 p monitor which I have

Jul 16, 2022
I agree, but again it's what they have so why not give it a go? I also agree they need an upgrade and that's something they have planned for the end of the year according to the OP. Also keep in mind the OP is in India, I don't know the market there, and we talk about gt 1030s, rx 550s, rx 460s, r7 240s, or gtx 750 ti's like they're water, and they may be wherever we are, but it's not the case everywhere. Saving up for an upgrade can take a while, and may not be as inexpensive for some as it is for others. There are still some options even for a GPU that under powered, and why not give it a go if it's what you have anyway? Don't expect spectacular results, but you don't really lose anything by trying.
Yeah,.... Or maybe I can buy a laptop, specifically Acer Aspire 7 ( because it comes under 50000 inr )..... Or could build a pc..... With i3 12100 and a gtx 1650 gddr6... Or you guys can also give me some ideas ... My budget is about 50000 inr or 625 usd....

artk2219

Distinguished
Yeah,.... Or maybe I can buy a laptop, specifically Acer Aspire 7 ( because it comes under 50000 inr )..... Or could build a pc..... With i3 12100 and a gtx 1650 gddr6... Or you guys can also give me some ideas ... My budget is about 50000 inr or 625 usd....
Hah if you have 625 for an upgrade thats an entirely different story, you should be able to get a decent build for that. A 12100, is a good starting point, maybe this site can help out?

https://pcpricetracker.in/build

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
A few titles run on it, they don't look nice though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZV_FaswF2E

DosBox, run all the classics. Other emulators would let you run classic SNES and NES, Sega, games. Almost 25 years of back catalog stuff you probably haven't played.

Open RA the Command & Conquer and Red Alert non-official remake, if you want a decent RTS. All new source code.

You can try looking at older turn based games that don't rely heavily on graphics. Civilization III, maybe 4?

Sim City 2000/3000?

I also can switch to a 768 p monitor which I have
That would help some, but it's still going to be an exercise in frustration for most games. And if you have to run an emulator it seems that would hamper things even further because some amount of the already weak CPU resources are going to be required to run the emulator as well. Obviously, if you already have this there is no reason to not at least try it on some titles but I expect you'll be really looking to find some kind of discreet card before very long at all.

Hell, even a lowly GT 730 would be a moderately sized step up from that, and I don't think very many people would ever try to game on one of those unless they literally had no other options.