What gaming headsets to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spawn_eternal

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
Hi

I am looking at buying a headset/headphone (it doesn't have to have a mic). The reason for this is than me and my fiancé are continuously fighting about my speaker set being "too loud" when I play games (typical non-gamer female).

Anyway, I live live in South Africa so I don't have all the brands of headsets/headphones that you guys around the world have available to you. We do however have known brands like: Logitech, Creative, Zalman, Razer, Zboard, Sennheiser, Zykon etc available here. I am looking at spending around $50 to $100.

It doesn't need to suit most audiophiles' needs, but at least give me a decent gaming experience, while at the same time not causing my ears fatigue, pain and discomfort. Apart from that I prefer the set to to have a 'closed-cup' approach, eliminating noise around me as well as ensuring that very little noise escape from them.

I am looking at maybe getting the Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset or even the Zalman ZM-RS6F. What do you guys think? Do any of you have suggestions or have personal experience with some sets in my price region?

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I purchased this headphone mainly for comfort. Make sure that it's put on properly though; top of the ears stick out of the headphone opening. http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2181214&CatId=2382

Base on my experience is that there are three levels of priorities:
1 Comfort because it doesn’t matter how much it cost if you can’t use them.
2 Price; knowing what is your budget, unless of course $ is not an issue.
3 Quality can be compromise if the first two is meet.

Selecting headphone is like buying shoes for yourself, you have to try it yourself. Every person has different head and ear proportion, so someone’s choice may not be within your comfort zone.

You should find stores that accept returns.

spawn_eternal

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
I also had a look at the set you mentioned. I was unsure about it because it seems that by looking at some pictures that the cones covering one's ears are not closed at the back to isolate sound coming in and going out. Am I correct?

underbyte18

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
Dude. Get the Sennhieser hd-555 or the hd-595. Bother are f excellent quality. Otherwise any sony closed ear type would be best. Logiech is a strange company. They can make some excelent products, but at the same time, fail at others. My advice, stick with sennhieser. This company is an actual audio company.

Status
Not open for further replies.