[SOLVED] What Gaming PC's Have Blu-ray with lots of USB ports?

mynameisjoe1

Distinguished
May 8, 2015
Hi all,
I am looking for a desktop gaming PC with at least a Blu-ray burner built in with at least 8-10 USB ports. Is there such a thing?. I'm just getting old and want something pre-built. Let me know what is out there because I don't have a lot of spare time to look.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I thought that when I got my last PC, it has a Blue ray drive but its case is 11 years old now. I didn't actually use mine the entire time I had it but I was never a big movie watcher.

I have a friend who i linked this too. He also wants a PC with blue ray.

Most cases removed the racks for drives and have used the front for other things like mesh fronts so PC can stay cool. They are also thinner now as they don't need to be as wide to support the drives. My case is one such, my AIO is mounted where the drive cages would be in an old PC.

there are a few that still have them though, some examples:

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you look at the answers to your last question about similar?

hard part will still be finding a case that is modern and also have Blue ray support as many cases have removed them completely from the case design.

mynameisjoe1

Distinguished
May 8, 2015
did you look at the answers to your last question about similar?

hard part will still be finding a case that is modern and also have Blue ray support as many cases have removed them completely from the case design.

Good memory. The truth is I ordered two parts and decided not to go with the rest, so im thinking of selling the two parts I have and investing that into a pre-built gaming PC. I am just looking into this right now and I'm not going to do anything until I fully decide. But your right, there isn't very many Gaming PC's out there with Blu-ray.... so I'll see if anyone here can find what im looking for for awhile and if not then I'll just continue building the PC i was going to build. Thanks for your comment!.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you wait for someone to find one you will be a while. Here is not best place to assume someone will do all the work for you, we just volunteers doing it cause we like to help, expecting us to do it is asking a bit much.

You might want to get an external blue ray drive instead as then you don't have so many problems finding a case

Only answers I found for gaming PC with blue ray was your result I linked, so it wasn't that hard to find.

mynameisjoe1

Distinguished
May 8, 2015
if you wait for someone to find one you will be a while. Here is not best place to assume someone will do all the work for you, we just volunteers doing it cause we like to help, expecting us to do it is asking a bit much.

You might want to get an external blue ray drive instead as then you don't have so many problems finding a case

Only answers I found for gaming PC with blue ray was your result I linked, so it wasn't that hard to find.
I apologize, though, there doesnt seem to be anything out there. I still watch Blu-ray movies, don't you guys?.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I thought that when I got my last PC, it has a Blue ray drive but its case is 11 years old now. I didn't actually use mine the entire time I had it but I was never a big movie watcher.

Most cases removed the racks for drives and have used the front for other things like mesh fronts so PC can stay cool. They are also thinner now as they don't need to be as wide to support the drives. My case is one such, my AIO is mounted where the drive cages would be in an old PC.

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Obsidian-Series™-450D-Mid-Tower-PC-Case/p/CC-9011049-WW

some more - https://www.big.guide/pc-case-with-optical-drive-bays

the USB requirement is probably easier as most boards have plenty of USB 3 now.

you need to find a company that will build you what you want, I wouldn't expect too many gaming PC to have optical drives now, but no reason one can't be made for you.

Solution

mynameisjoe1

Distinguished
May 8, 2015

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Obsidian-Series™-450D-Mid-Tower-PC-Case/p/CC-9011049-WW

some more - https://www.big.guide/pc-case-with-optical-drive-bays

the USB requirement is probably easier as most boards have plenty of USB 3 now.

you need to find a company that will build you what you want, I wouldn't expect too many gaming PC to have optical drives now, but no reason one can't be made for you.

I noticed this thread is already near the top of the search results for the search term: "blu-ray gaming pc's". Well, thats interesting. Anyways, in conclusion to your reply, the only route here is to build a PC and put Blu-ray into it. I really hate those USB, Blu-ray drives. I want everything built in, with lots of extra USB ports that aren't taken up by devices like Blu-ray drives.

So I will do this!, I will finish my gaming PC I planned to build in the original thread. Will update you guys when its done. But I gotta save $1000 (from $50 every 2 weeks. Talk to you guys in the future!.

Colif

Win 11 Master
its your PC, we just here to help. You take your time, might make more sense to save all the cash first rather than buy bits and pieces as you go. Its what I did last year when I saved up for PC I am using now.

I would look for companies who will make the PC from the parts. I don't know about USA or elsewhere but there are places in Australia which will make a PC based on parts they have. Or maybe parts you supply.

Internal blue ray is a better idea for you and as I showed, there are still cases with them. Fractal Design appear to have 3

gardenman

Splendid
As already stated by you both, many of the new cases don't support the space for a 5.25" drive. Unfortunately, you may have to settle for a lesser case in order to find one that will accommodate a BD drive. I was looking for the same thing a year or two ago when I was interested in building a new PC (I've since lost that interest). I don't think I ever found a good enough case, which is one of the many reasons I gave up. I guess my 11 year old PC will eventually fall apart and need replaced by something.

Jul 26, 2021
u could try the corsiar graphite 760T. that has 3 drive bays on the front to put in optical drives. 2 USB 3 and 2 USB 2 ports on the front of the case. it comes in black or white case and a clear panel on the side if u want to put RGB lighting in the case. 2 140mm fans with LED lights in the front panel but they will be just plain colours and wont change but can be replaced with RGB fans if u want and a 140mm exhaust fan in the back. with room for 2 more fans on the top or a radiator for liquid cooling and space for a 120mm fan in the bottom. 6 hard drives can be fitted to it in 2 removable enclosures inside the clear panel door so u can take them out to improve airflow if u dont want to use HDD but to fit the bottom fan u will have to take 1 of them out anyway. and 4 SSD inside the back door. both the side panels open like doors so no screws need to open the case u just pull the door handles and it opens and can be taken off just by lifting it off the hinges to get better access to the inside of the case.

its what i bought about a month ago.

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
I noticed this thread is already near the top of the search results for the search term: "blu-ray gaming pc's". Well, thats interesting. Anyways, in conclusion to your reply, the only route here is to build a PC and put Blu-ray into it. I really hate those USB, Blu-ray drives. I want everything built in, with lots of extra USB ports that aren't taken up by devices like Blu-ray drives.

So I will do this!, I will finish my gaming PC I planned to build in the original thread. Will update you guys when its done. But I gotta save $1000 (from $50 every 2 weeks. Talk to you guys in the future!.

I understand your resentment of USB bluray drives, most of those sold today are either really crap or very expensive. The problem is, bluray never reached the adaption rate of DVD, and with streaming services blowing up on the maket, bluray started to sunset well before it was meant to be. In PC space, it never really caught on due to drive cost, and with bulk of the PC software being digital delivery, it doesn't make a sense for case manufacturers to cater to such super niche market.

Having said that Corsair Carbide Air 540 is still sold and includes 2x 5.25in bays in front.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Carbide-Series™-Air-540-High-Airflow-ATX-Cube-Case/p/CC-9011030-WW#tab-tech-specs
downside is, for practical purposes, it needs a slot loading drive, and there are very few drives to choose from with that mechanism for PC.

From the external drives one of best still out there at the moment would be Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD, it's a USB-C slot-in drive, but will set you back around 200 bucks.

Jul 26, 2021
prob is a lot of motherboards come with a DVD to install the software and drivers to run it. Ive also got a lot of games on DVD. when i bought a new USB HDD it came with a DVD to install drivers on it before u could install windows on it or anything else. Couldnt use it till the drivers had been installed from the DVD.

Plus for me i can rip my 3D blu ray films onto my PC and convert them to play in VR since they dont make 3D 4k TVs the only way i can watch them now is through VR. After i finish the conversion i burn them onto a blu ray disk and put the disk in the box with the original copy. as long as u keep both copies u cant get done for making pirate copies cause u still own the original disk. i bought some 100Gb blu ray disks so i could do that as the Hobbit 3D films r 66Gb and they put them on 2 33gb disks so u have to change disks halfway though the films. by ripping them to PC then burning them to 100GB disk its saves the hassle of having to change disk halfway through the film. did the same thing with the star wars films had 3 on VHS and 3 on DVD. i ripped them all to my PC and burned them all onto 1 DVD so 6 films on 1 DVD. and still had space to spare on the disk.

There is software out there u can buy to rip the 3D films and convert them into a format VR can use. In VR u can change the view u see the films from including being on the set itself surrounded by the actors. its actualy like ur part of the film. u can also get software to convert 2D films into 3D but u do need a 3D blu ray RW to do it. those only come as internal. plus internal optical drives r a lot cheaper then the USB ones. they also sell 4k 3D blu ray drives but not much point of getting them as no 3D 4k TV's to use them with. and only the pimax VR has 4k capabilties. and those r very expensive and hard to get.

Colif

Win 11 Master
prob is a lot of motherboards come with a DVD to install the software and drivers to run it.
Thing is, you don't know how old the drivers and software is on the DVD, it is always a better idea to go to motherboard website after windows is installed (not necessary before as unless you installing something older than 10, it likely has generic drivers that can run hardware until updated) and grab newest drivers from there. That DVD could have been in the box for a year or so.

That sort of applies for any installer, even Win 10 as it gets version updates every 6 months and you don't know how old version is on the USB.