Question What gpu can I buy for this build

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
This my current build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dshZqm I am upgrading to newer system due to some economic reason, so I am just keeping monitor, gpu and harddrive. And selling latter older part to my friend, what gpu's can fit this current build without need to upgrade psu, he have no problem buying used items.

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
You could look into an RTX3060Ti but not while you have that crappy PSU in that build. If you're not interested in upgrading the PSU, then there's nothing much you can do in terms of a GPU upgrade, not one that isn't second hand(used and has been mined heavily, that is).
My friend have no problem buying used plus this build is already old why bothering buying then he can make better build from scratch when he have good money.

Sep 5, 2022
what gpu's can fit this current build without need to upgrade psu

The 1070 ti draws 180W, so any other gpu with same or lower power consumption will fit

he have no problem buying used items.

If you are buying a GPU i would HIGHLY recommend buying new one. For example the best price-performance gpu you can get new is the RX 6600 (non-XT), its affordable and gives better perfomance than a GTX 1080 while using less power.

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
The 1070 ti draws 180W, so any other gpu with same or lower power consumption will fit

If you are buying a GPU i would HIGHLY recommend buying new one. For example the best price-performance gpu you can get new is the RX 6600 (non-XT), its affordable and gives better perfomance than a GTX 1080 while using less power.
After research I found best fit are Rx 6600 or xt if want be more fancy or Rtx 2060, 6600will have 1.1% bottelneck idk if 1% wil matter where 2060 have 0%

I’d get the rx6600 on a budget. That said it’sa good idea to upgrade your power supply. Your power supply may not go out tomorrow but when power supplies fail they can potentially take out your pc as well. If you are selling the system to a friend advise them to upgrade the power supply immediately if you aren’t going to. I’ve fried ports on a motherboard due to a power supply. That can be an expensive lesson.

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
I’d get the rx6600 on a budget. That said it’sa good idea to upgrade your power supply. Your power supply may not go out tomorrow but when power supplies fail they can potentially take out your pc as well. If you are selling the system to a friend advise them to upgrade the power supply immediately if you aren’t going to. I’ve fried ports on a motherboard due to a power supply. That can be an expensive lesson.
I gonna tell him that even if power supply with the system is only used for 18 month after that it is up to him. He may not buy psu directly.

TRENDING THREADS